Home Chat General Chat

Bike stand question

Hi All,

I have recently bought a Cervelo S3 which I am very happy with. I have booked my first triathlon for September and after watching triathlons on TV I have come up with an idea for to make transition easier for me.

I am going to attach a standard Halfords bike stand to my new purchase and place it off the rack in transition. As long as I dont move it before my aero helmet is on, will this be acceptable?

I think it will make my transition a lot quicker both in and out as I will just be able to flick the stand down on the way in to transition and lean it on its side.

Has anyone else tried this? and does anyone know if a standard bike stand will fit the Cervelo frame? or do Cervelo make their own?

I look forward to replies.

Thanks Tom.

Comments

• uhm, i'm pretty sure thats not allowed. if you read the rules of your race it will state that the bikes need to be racked the correct way in the correct place. and why oh why would you want to attach a stand to your lovely cervelo??
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    ...and how are you planning to kick the stand up whilst trying to get your feet in your shoes?
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    that shouldnt be a problem gunforhire as I have got toe straps not clipless pedals, not that I have ridden with straps yet, only standard flat pedals.

Supergrover, I will contact the organisers in due course. Sure there wont be any objections, as I cant be the only one who has thought of this!
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Surely bolting a stand to an S3 is an offence that needs punishment - dont do it, its got the be the equivalent of a ferrari with green P plates on
  • More often than not you will have a specific place in the transition rack - a sticker with your number on it. Trying to do anything other than rack your bike by hooking it in its allotted place will most likely not be allowed, plus you will seriously get in the way of the other competitors. What if it topples?

You'll be surprised at how easy it is to slip the saddle over the bar and off again.

And....a kickstand on a Cervelo?? The gods will be angered...

blurredgirl
    I have received an email from Cervelo as I asked them if they made one or not, and they've said that they wouldnt ever consider making one. It seems strange to me why they wouldn't? surely this is a standard accessory like water bottle holders, bag racks, reflectors and child seats.

I will have to try the halfords one, but for £4.99 it better work!!
  • good one
    Im Spartacus well done.

Sorry guys I couldnt resist it! Its been a couple of weeks since my last post so thought I'd get back into it.

The wind up was spontaneous however.

I wish I had an S3!!! And I can assure you that I would never attach a stand if I do get to own one!

I would have liked to keep this going longer, but I have struggled not laughing at each reply in my office....

THank you all for your kind replies!
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Like it, maybe some pannier racks would be a nice addition to such a steed in that case
  • You really should have kept it going. I was all set to suggest a bell and ribbons might make you quicker than a kickstand. Then I went out for lunch and you go and fess up.

blurredgirl
    Sorry sorry... I'm a sucker for admitting to a wind up. Im spartacus had got me sussed!

Can you imagine placing your S3 at the end of the racks with a stand up, bells, kids seat, panniers and tassles out the bar ends?! I would want some of those clinky things on my spokes too....
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I was going to ask if you were going to put pink streamers on the handlebars too!
  • I have always fancied organising a charity 'crap' triathlon. I think we had a similar thread before the boards got all changed and adverted-up.

Swim - arm-bands/ring/floatsuit compulsory. Swimhats with flowers on, flippers, snorkels - whatever else to make it as ridiculous as poss.

Bike - as above. BMXs, stabilisers, spokey-dokeys, bells, tassles. No more than 3 gears.

Run - stilettos.

blurredgirl
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    blurred. I was with you up to the stilettos... ah who am i kidding - bring it on!
  • Can't you just see transition? Arm bands and heels all over the shop. Grown men weeping.

Hang about - didn't I see just that at the Expo Centre?

Do you reckon we could do this at Dorney?!

blurredgirl
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    tomtris... actually I preferred the really subtle bit about how with your cervelo you hadn't got around to putting clipless pedals on it

didds
    yeah cheers didds!

I liked the idea of tri suit, aero (conehead) helmet, bike stand and flat pedals!