Home Chat General Chat

£1,500 bike

Lets pretend you have jut been given a grand and a half by a fairy and told you can have any bike you want.
What do you go for...,??

Comments

• Me personally.....I'd snap the shop assistant's hand off for this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/tre ... e-ec016749

blurredgirl
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    check out the thread posted earlier under the title "carbon, page 3.

The argon 18 - thats mine it a £2k bike but gives you an idea.....
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    If i were in Evans, I'd probably snap the shop assistant's hand off anyway, just to wake him/her up.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/quintana ... 37261.html

And then spend the rest on ...........
    One left I think.
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Boardman Pro Carbon has had rave reviews.
    Have finally found a Halfords willing to let me test ride one..
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    I know a lot of people ride Planet X bikes but that is because they are just excellant value for money and a great bike too.

have a look at this for £1000 and money left over for you to by a nice set of race wheels too.

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/aca ... arbon.html
  • BootooBootoo Posts: 29
    I was thinking about these two but can't make up my mind.

Trek Madone 4.7 2010 model - can get it for £1700
    Giant Avail Advance 2008 model - can get it for £1750

I am edging towards the giant as I already have an avail which I will keep for commuting and winter training. Plus the giant is beautiful!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Willtri

Beat me to it

Orbea Ora - luvverly!
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Hmm... increasingly fed up with the waiting time and abject failure of Halfords to keep me updated on the availability of a Team Carbon bike, I might make them order me a Planet X, to make a point.
    4r$e - Halfords won't deal with Planet X because they won't put their bikes through some kind of safety standard test... 8-{
    Anybody know what this spurious test is?
  • Probably a test to see if theyre better than their own bikes, which they are.............
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    willtri wrote:
    http://www.cpcycles.com/products.php?plid=m3b59s141p1629
    [img:3ih6q0sj]http://www.cpcycles.com/smsimg/59/1629-5255-main-triathlon_tri4-59.jpg[/img:3ih6q0sj]
    This looks beautiful...
    Dribble....
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Yep - it's in my size as well.

Just don't have the £1445....
  • Heres a 2nd vote for the Planet X SL Pro Carbon. Even though it's not a time trial/triathlon specific bike it's a brilliant bike for the money in fact I cant think of anything that comes near it for all day riding whether racing or commuting. This is my 2nd Planet X bike and the build, ride and quality of the overall package is spot on altho you will have to put up with strangers chatting to you about your bike at races, etc.
    Well, I won't be too disappointed with a Boardman, IF I can ever get hold of one...

The other thing annoying me about Halfords (while I'm on one) is that they will source from other companies (but not Planet X) but only at RRP, so if something's on sale at, say, Evans, you would still pay full dollar at Halfords.

*sigh* Will I ever get my carbon loveliness? Even considered a Dolan Mythos as they can actually get hold of them. I ride a Dolan at the moment, and my TT frame is Dolan, but I want to hold out for the Boardman.

That Orbea is lovely! :roll:
    Oh, forgot to say - has anybody seen the Boardman TT bike they're doing next year?

Not the Air 1TT or whatever it's called, an affordable one at a grand...
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Yup - I have seen the Carrera TT bike and it is on my wishlist - when my work joins Cycle to work or I get the urge sooner - I shall be purchasing one
  • Focus Cayo Ultegra 2009 - awesome bike, gave me a couple of Km per hour over any bike I have ever had. Wiggle are now selling these bikes for under £1300 (25% off), just to buy all the ultegra kit for the bike would cost you £700.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    nivagh wrote:
    Oh, forgot to say - has anybody seen the Boardman TT bike they're doing next year?

Not the Air 1TT or whatever it's called, an affordable one at a grand...
    A grand??? Really? I saw the Air thing but if they are doing a reasonably priced TT then that may be worth looking into...
  • BootooBootoo Posts: 29
    I made the trip to bridgtown bikes today and I will getting my new bike next week.
    Its a scott sc1 frame & forks with ultegra groupset at a great price. Beautiful black, red & white carbon frame so obviously make me much faster.
    Can't wait! I have to say Mike really is a great guy and as good as everyone says he is. Well worth 300 mile round trip.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Told you bootoo... you've pipped me on the travel stakes, although it took me 4hrs to get there.

However, worth it. Totally worth as the guy is a star.