Home Chat General Chat

Damn and blast

md6md6 Posts: 969
Why wouold the Triathlon god's smite me?

I have managed to loose my number belt and no have to buy another one. I know it is only a small problem, but it is so bloody annoying. I had it only 2 weeks ago, and i know i brought it home with me. Now, the bloody gremlins have moved it and i can't find it...arrrrgh!

Ok rant over, anyone know the best place to pick up a number belt in SE or Central London? There's SBR but they're on the wrong sidfe of town for me - so a last resort...

Comments

• JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    Are you racing on Saturday or Sunday?

If sunday, then come down to the event village for the great london swim on saturday, I think Tristore are there, so maybe give them a call and ask them to bring one for you to pick up.

If you're racing on saturday then the only think I can think of is possibly an evans store? I think the one on the cut near waterloo sells them - but i'm not certain
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Cheers JB, I'm racing sunday but sat is a mega packed day -GAT officer has 'plans' it's like she doesn't understand Tri at all... I'll have a quick look in Evans on the way home, and i'll check the 'expo' when i register sat morning, if not then I'll head to the london swimon my way home.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    There's always safety pins. They worked well before belts came along, and worth taking a few just in case.
  • The Evans cycles in canary wharf has them. Not sure how good they are!
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    You could always make your own! For my first tri, I turned up with a tri suit and no number belt, so just got some string and looped it through the pins I put on the number. Took a bit longer to put on in T1, but better than nothing!
    I always have safety pins just in case but don't like putting holes in my tops.

manthatcan - cheers, i have to pass there on the way home so that'll be brilliant. Cheers
  • Is this a rush to be ready for Hyde Park on sunday?
    Yes, i just found that when starting to put my kit together last night my belt had gone missing and it kind of made me panic, what with the plans tomorrow i just didn't think i'd have time. knowing there is something at Canary Wharf i can grab on the way home makes it a lot better.