Home Chat General Chat

Post IM Aftermath

Since completing the Ironman, I have pretty much become pointless. Still doing a little training, mainly strength training have given it up for a good few months but just can't get excited about triathlon or training for one again inregardless of the distances I may decide I want to do.

Just wondering what experiences other people may have had after an IM, and what they did to break out of thr rut?

Comments

• WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Hhmmm, have a holiday to Egypt coming up. Maybe that'll do it.

Need to discuss with the GAT officer about possibly doing another one. With IMAZ later in the year, it could be a preference. Although, interested to see so many doing IMCH.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    Getting ready for Leicester Marathon on 11th October. I've only run one marathon, so I thought I'd do just one without the good bits before it. Next time I do an IM I want to know just how fast I can run.

Ade
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Go and play some footy for a few months mate - different focus, good larf with your old mates, then start all over again at Xmas.

didds
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Didn't run a marathon before the IM, and didn't run one at the IM. A beautiful walk/run and survival!

Enjoy the run! I reckon you'll quite enjoy it.