Home Chat General Chat

Look Keo pedals

Anyone use them? I'm thinking of getting some sprints, £55.

Opinions?

Comments

• agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    Robust, solid, reliable, good platform if you have dodgy knees, I love them, have them on all my bikes!
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Can anyone compare them to Shimano 105's?
    I can't compare them, but from what I know they are essentially the same pedal. They use exactly the same mechanism to clip in and out, since look have licensed the design to shimano. So theoretically they should be just the same to use, just made of different materials. But if anyone has actually ridden both, they could be completely different!
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    like agent says, keo's and spd-sl's (the cleat that the 105 pedal will take) do pretty much the same thing in terms of connection type.

only subtle difference that i think i know of might be that the spd-sl cleats have little feet on them that stop the cleat from getting knackered when you walk on them. the feet get worn down and need replacing over time though. with looks you can get covers for the cleats to protect them.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Sprints are the mutts. I also use them with the non-slip clears which makes any walking a lot easier.

105's are just as good and probably would have gone with those if my bike was Shimano equiped, but it's SRAM so went for the Keos
    TRIumphant wrote:
    105's are just as good and probably would have gone with those if my bike was Shimano equiped, but it's SRAM so went for the Keos
    As is mine, hence why i want the Keos.
    Armstrong still uses his old Shimano pedals despite the fact he now owns part of SRAM
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    Evans cycles are selling KEO Carbons for 1/2 price at the moment , or were but worth a look .

when you ring up ,you just have to quote TRI DEAL.

bullet wrote:
    Evans cycles are selling KEO Carbons for 1/2 price at the moment , or were but worth a look .

Where did you see this?
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    [toPh] wrote:
    [quote="bullet":3dzzdsxh]Evans cycles are selling KEO Carbons for 1/2 price at the moment , or were but worth a look .

Where did you see this?[/quote:3dzzdsxh]

It was in an advert in 220 Magazine ,so I don't know if the offer is still on ?

It says quote TRI DEAL when you phone . But its worth giving them a call .