Home Chat General Chat

Ready or not?

So.....most of you guys might know that i did my A race, plymouth oly, last month.

Well, since then i've run, swum and cycled a little bit bit but mostly done a whole lot more surfing than i would when i was training. which i have really REALLY enjoyed. god, i love surfing! so i really really have not done much training......

Anyhoo, i felt its time to get back on the ol' tri horse and i'm looking at the wadebridge sprint on the 11th of October. Which is all well and good BUT!.......I have quite a seriously damaged neck/back and am having lots of treatment for it. (seems my neck curves the WRONG way, as a result of the umpteen falls i've had from horses/snowboards/bikes/skates) and the only thing thats keeping me going/holding me up is my supreme amount of muscle tissue (his words, folks. he didnt mention the fat bits!) I'll need treatment for the next four/five weeks. i'll keep ticking over during this period but nothing too nails....

My question is.......i can go hard out for end of september cant i? its a sprint so i'll be racing, not just 'getting around' like the oly. reckon i'll be ready? Gaaah!

Comments

• bulletbullet Posts: 115
    If you've trained & completed an oly , you should be able to do a sprint without much problems ,just ticking over in training .

Just laugh in the face of injury !!!

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    Jess be careful about your back/neck, i thought mine had recovered from my crash a while back but I found out today that in fact it is no where near fixed - but if you are having physio/treatmen then if they say you're got to go then yeah do it. For a sprint you'll be fine with your fitness, just keep yourself ticking over.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Best thing my chiropractor said was that i'd kick arse on all my PB's. He said my neck was affecting the nerves down my arms especially, and that i would see much more of an improvement in my swim as a result. Excellent! He said he was immensely surprised i didnt suffer constant headaches, and put this down to the fact that i was always on the go and using my body a lot.

They built me tough, eh. (but not unbreakable, it seems)
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    In that case go for it. Blitz the PB's
  • Jess

YOU WERE BORN READY BABE

Now go and enjoy a nice short triathlon!
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    With no steps!
  • you'll enjoy it........go for it, just take it easy.

Point to note:

Have your already paid for it? If not then don't bother, just go surfing instead, if yes then do it....you know you want to!