Home Chat General Chat

Dextro Energy Hyde Park - Report

md6md6 Posts: 969
Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    Official Results are in...

place Pl.AC number name Swim T1 Bike T2 Run
    255 31 O1984 » Donnelly, Mark (GBR) MSEN2 00:33:16 00:04:17 01:18:22 00:02:03 00:59:56
    Finish
    02:57:53

Looks like I was 31's in the category- that can't be right????

Just checked apparently there were only 36 in my category - that's more like it...
  • Absolutely superb mate.......you be very proud of yourself......you went through it alright, but you made it, you (and those like you, and me) are what makes triathlon special. Its not the time (which is not bad at all by the way) that matters, its the challenge and the finishing that really counts.

You have my total admiration.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Primary Goal achieved, lots of lessons to learn (thats a positive thing!) .

Job done I'd say - fantastic racing!

didds
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Congratulations and well done! With a crash only 3 weeks ago and little training the only thing that counts is finishing. You did great by not quitting and you are a winner!

Well done on your first OD, welcome to the club!
    Cheers Guys, I am very proud of finishing, and within the time i had aimed for makes it all the better. I am very pleased, and extremely tired
  • mumu Posts: 24
    Well done Mark. Excellent result, and a great day today (even if it was on the HOT side). I was marshalling at the run crossing point just before the turn into the finish strait, so would've seen you go past.
    Got to say, in defense of the marshalls, that some people in Hyde Park over the weekend really had their heads up their ar$es. I've never known so many people who are so unaware of what's going on around them!!
    Mu the marshals on the whole were great, really friendly and doing a great job on a very hot and long day. Can't praise them righly enough or thank them enough. Thanks to you too! My only troblem was the people who thought that they could just amble across without a care in the world - the marshalls were telling people to hurry acros, but these people just didn't seem to want to.
  • mumu Posts: 24
    Yeah. Those are the ones! On the run course, because it was fairly narrow, it was easy to give them a little encouragement
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Bloody good work mate. Sounds like you had a bit of a battle on with yourself and you won! I'm anticipating the same for my first OD next month, although could do without the kick in the knackers please.

Now go and have a beer... oh... you are.
  • nessytnessyt Posts: 25
    Hi MD6, well done, that time was great considering the crash 3 weeks earlier! it was my first olympic distance & open water tri aswell. (your orginal post in which you were contemplating swapping the sprint for the olympic distance pursaded me to sign up for it aswell) Loved the swim & the bike leg, swim in 25.04 & bike in 1hrs 22 but the run was so--------------------------o tough in that heat, Did the run in 1hr 3 mins which was 4 mins longer than i anticipated but had the walk quite abit on the last lap as i though i was going to faint! The guy with one leg over took me on the Bike & run leg, he was amazing!!!! Overall I was 48th out of 60 women (9th fastest swimmer!) & 18th in my age group. Learnt loads & will be back next season better & stronger!!!! Thanks for pursading me to go for it.
    Nessyt it was a great even and sounds like you nailed it.Congratulations on your result and really fantastic bike and swim splits too. i didn't realise until this morning that i'd gotten q bit burned on the run, it may have been hotter than i thought at the time.