Home Chat General Chat

Bruising advice

I managed to fall off a horse and land on a plastic jump stand yesterday - doh. I iced the really sore bits last night but, as expected, this morning I am very stiff and sore and also tired since everything hurt when I moved last night and woke me up. No major damage done I think but my back is really quite painful - bruised sort of pain not joint and it hurts to move or put pressure on it.

Any advice for faster healing? I'm guessing no training until I can move without wincing - or do I just take the anti-inflammatories and get on with it?

Just a question of drink plenty and rest up patiently?

VAM

Comments

• id go with the latter - make sure you can move without being in pain cause thats usually an indication of "dont feckin move me right now" from the body. Usual dealio...keep your protien intake high and plenty of hot baths...
  • Barny51Barny51 Posts: 16
    How did you mistake a horse for your bike?
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Sadly no - the bike would have at least made an honest effort to do what I asked despite the fact I was trying to fool myself as well as it that I really did want to jump that jump......
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    you could try witch hazel to bring out the bruise and sooth the pain a little .

Or you could use the good old alcohol route , but as a dedicated athlete I guess this would be out of the question .......
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Actually Bullet, I'm just waiting for the arrival of a Chinese takeaway and some beer........

All in aid of helping the healing process obviously Lots of protein and carbs and a muscle relaxant as well, it's got to be good right?

You use witch hazel as a compress right?
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    I'm not into product placement but have a look at this .

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Distilled ... 00ml_2245/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A765713

Save me some of your spare ribs & a bottle of Tsingtao !!!!

• LeezarLeezar Posts: 36
    You could also try Arnica, it’s a natural product that helps reduce and heal bruises. It’s useful for any inflammation. Think most health shops will stock it and even high street chemists.