Home Chat General Chat

What is everyone doing on such a nice day?

im thinking of going out for a nice ride to a pub somewhere? then maybe a swim this afternoon?

i hope its not just me that gets really edgey when inside on a day like this!, sorry if its not blazing sunshine where you are!

ant

Comments

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    i'm off for a lunchtime nap in the broom cupboard.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Then a short run home and a few beers in the last of the sun
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Unfortunately I get to sit in an office with no air-conditioning in central London while it hits 28 degrees outside, and I get to do this until 7pm. Joy.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Off for a swim shortly, then a nice ride on my new bike!

Only booked today off as my bike was arriving and it's turned out to be a scorcher!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Errrr... browsing this forum for one!

And is it really a nice day? Only I can't tell from where I'm sitting as I can't see a single patch of sky out the window, just bl00dy buildings!

Hurumph.
  • I am off work - the WAT officer has taken the little one to his classes, I have our daughter so we have been shopping, had an ice cream, off to chessington this afternoon then another bike session this PM.

Really hot where I am..... I feel for the office workers..... It's really nice out and about.......
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Just done all the washing - nice drying day (I don't work Wednesdays as my job is so shitty I would rather take a hit in pay then spend another day dealing with the dross of society), been scouring the interweb for a house, going off to the village Co-Op in a bit and then looking at a house at 2pm. Then later on going to gym.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I'm unfortunately stuck in an office, without so much as a view of the ouside world, my view consists of the entry to the kitchen, a store room view, a corridor and a wall...lovely. Although i will go for a nice walk around green park in a few minutes once i have had lunch.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Do a weather search for the north of england and the west coast of scotland and you'll find its fecking lashing it down.

Wind also hitting 30mph right now.

Such a nice day.... grr
    In my last office I had a view of Lincoln cathedral and a bit of the castle - my present office view (which thankfully I'm not in today) is of chavs, I'm sorry the 'most vulnerable members of society', sitting around outside either the Jobcentre or council offices drinking cheap lager and cider.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    zac, on the positive - at least you can see outside
  • Office all day. Teaching my training course like I do every other Wednesday. Airless, hot, noisy room in central London. Bah.

But then plan to run to the beach this evening, swim and run home again.

blurredgirl
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Going out for a run now in my 'lunch break' then finishing a big assignment this afternoon.
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    Have just taken father in law to Fowlmead country park for a bike ride doubling as a recce for tomorrow night when I get to play with my new Boardman on 3.5km of gently rolling tarmac with no cars!!!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Overdone things a bit with the knee. So enforced layoff to let it settle down a bit. Working in the office today (rather than being far away somewhere).

Would have gone for a swim, and still up at 6am. Played with the dog instead. 2 hours of quality furry antics. Might have gone to the gym at lunchtime.. but went to Staples and bought a big wall planner on to which I am going to map out my base/recovery training, and start recording things so that I don't over do things quite so much.

Tonight - depends on the knee, but might have a little game of squash with the missus. Or might just sit on the sofa doing rest, elevation and compression. Or outside in the garden, if it is still nice. Also need to fettle the bike a bit.

There is a bit of a breeze, but it is still quite sunny here.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    work - work - work
    28C
    no aircon
  • A update for you -

Cleaning the bike in the garden, came inside to to answer the phone and then heard what sounded like a pressure washer ( jet wash) starting up......... ran O/s to find my wonderful daughter jet wash in hand cleaning my Bike with 120 PSI of water... "I want to help Daddy" she said. How she held it I'll never know but she was using 2 hands and both legs. LOL

ARGH........ you gotta love them.
  • 55ant wrote:

i hope its not just me that gets really edgey when inside on a day like this!, sorry if its not blazing sunshine where you are!

*sigh* i hate you ant.
    Md6 - yes, at times they (the chavs) do provide a funny spectacle and there are some nice trees, having said that most of the time blinds are shut because of glare on the screens etc. Still grateful to have a job I must say and grateful to be off today.

Had a nice drive in the Lincolnshire countryside to view a house, seller not there - glad really as in reality did not look like the blurb.

Willeverfinish - at least your daughter didn't use a brillo pad!!!!

Indication of what a rubbish summer we have had when we have to remark about it being sunny and warm in August!

Whatever you are doing/have done best regards to all.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Playing with planes,and watching the great unwashed go on holiday.(the bonus being whilst they are out of the country,life is so much better).
    Amen to that - who would want to be in Magaluf now!!! Well hopefully not anyone here.
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    well it was train ride down to london...couple of hours stuck in an office and then had to have a few vinos in the city for the train ride home again...good for the soul...not so good for the training...
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    erm i did no training but fired up the BBQ and had the largest pork chop i'd ever seen (about 330g!) mmmmmmm pork fat mmmmmm oh and a beer and bread! will swim harder tomorrow though!
  • After a long hard day in London training very demanding Learning Curators (!) I came home on an airless, rowdy train, got changed, ran 3.5km to the beach, swam out into the sunset in a blue sea to the buoys, between the buoys and back again. Shoes back on, ran home.

BLISS.

blurredgirl
    Ended up working til 7pm. Sigh. So didn't play squash. The missus did manage to get some sunshine in the back garden though. Started marking up my planner. Only have three weekends before the first tri! Will rest for the rest of this week. And see how I feel on Saturday.

Let's hope the weekend is nice.
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    This morning at 8am I rode my MTB across the moor and forest. Was such a beautiful morning that I didn't bother to put much effort in (except for hills, which have to be beasted!). I was going to run at lunchtime but in the end I decided to sunbathe on the terrace whilst looking out over the fields where the farmer was rowing and baling and beyond to Brownsea Island and Poole harbour..

And yes, I was at work.....
    I'm losing the will to live.... here's why.[attachment=0:2p083nhs]Photo535.jpg[/attachment:2p083nhs]

Roads are flooded, fields are flooded........ I'm not having a good week
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Looks like every other Tesco store!
    shadowone1 wrote:

Roads are flooded, fields are flooded........ I'm not having a good week
    Look on the bright side, if it rains any more you'll be able to have an OW swim just to get to the shed to get your bike out for when you go home.
    thanks for cheering me up..... it still bloody raining....the flood is worse. can't be arsed posting another pic.
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    spent the evening in london, stayed in a lovely hotel, drank far too much wine and now suffering an almighty hangover!! :roll: