Home Chat General Chat

Nasty Tri Related Injury

Not to me but the missus, she managed to kick my turbo trainer at the weekend. Properly booted it - visit to casualty...broken little toe.

As much as i have sympathy for my wife - This has not helped me in trying to sneak any future purchases past her.

It did result in the purchase of a shed the day after though - all my gear can finally have it's own little home....

Comments

• aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    perfect planning i should move my equipment into more strategic (dangerous position!)...then maybe a shed will be appearing on 'what have you bought this week'...now just thinking how i can get the power installed for the fan/dvd/music system to the end of the garden to put the shiny bike and soon to be purchased turbo trainer...
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    To cut a long story short....

She had the peanuts...
    She wouldn't share the peanuts...
    I chased her for peanuts...
    She tried to escape with peanuts...
    Only getting as far as the turbo trainer!

I ate the peanuts
  • When helping me load my car my mother was carrying my turbo and somehow managed to bump into a wall impailing herself on one of the legs and breaking one of her ribs... I'm now no longer alowed to take my turbo with me when I go visit!
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Lol! A classic error! The tri-gods vengeance is swift!
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    ah those lovely nuts! thou shalt not anger the gods of all things triathlon!
  • just thinking make sure you're shed is a good lock and is covered if all your tri gear is in there .. liking the mini tri training center though ... maybe a flat screen up with that cycling program.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    I hope the Turbo's are OK, nothing worse then your favourite thine inthe house getting damaged.
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    the missus saw me on the forum and had a look at the topic - to be fair she did have a good laugh about it.... That might be down to having taken some strong pain killers followed by a couple of fosters though!