Home Chat General Chat

Cleats

I have just started commuting to work on my bike but once there have to dismount & walk a distance pushing my bike to the bike rack. It is really difficult, not to mention slippy, walking in them. Are there any other pedal & cleat combinations that are easier to walk in but as good to train / race in or should I just stick with what I have?

Comments

• Why do you have to dismount ?

Take some trainers in your bag and put them on for the walk leaving your shoes clipped in to the bike.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Buy some cleat covers is the easiest option. Alternatively look at touring or mountain bike SPD pedal/cleats and shoes which have the cleats recessed.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    what sort of cleats/pedals are you using?
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I tried flipflops for a while when I got to work, leaving the shoes in the pedals. It was bloody good for mounting/dismounting confidence for races. Shimano SPD-SL cleats are fine for walking in, they seem to have the little rubbery things on the corners to help, supposedly easier to walk in than Look cleats.
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    you should buy some mountain bike style shoes with spd doublesided pedals. the cleats are closer to the sole of the shoe than the grip is on the bottom of the shoe.
    they would work good
  • SPD s are the way forward for you.
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    definately go for sl s - the rubbery feet are much easier to walk in, plus as a bonus if youve got hard wood floors then you wont get told off