Home Chat General Chat

Cadence monitor for Garmin

Hi,

Do any other cadence monitor's work with the Garmin watches? I have the recommended Garmin one, but find it just doesn't work half the time and I'm getting fed up having to fix it every time I ride.

Thanks

Grant

Comments

• penguinpenguin Posts: 37
    I have the same problem. I have taken it off the bike for a while hoping it will take the hint if i every put it back on again.

nice idea...just wished it worked.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    What happens to it? I've never had a problem.
    What happens to it? I've never had a problem.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    I've found mine is very sensitive to position, the magnet slipped down my crank and it intermittently picked up the cadence. Also with my Forerunner 50, if it is not near the cadence sensor when I start training it won't find it unless I stop/start. This proves a problem when competing as I often forget to hit stop then start when leaving transition.
  • DavidHDavidH Posts: 47
    Mine also packs up quite frequently.
    I find that if i take the battery out and leave it overnight it usually sorts it out.
    Pretty poor reliability from someone like Garmin.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I don't have any problems with Mine - 405 from December 2008. Works fine. Only time has been when I've whacked the sensor way out of alignment. But that was obvious.

The only issues have been with the HRM.
    Jack Hughes wrote:
    I don't have any problems with Mine - 405 from December 2008. Works fine. Only time has been when I've whacked the sensor way out of alignment. But that was obvious.

The only issues have been with the HRM.
    Same here.