Home Chat General Chat

friday time waster: training pet hates

there must proabably be a thread like this somewhere but hey....
i was doing my run intervals this morning after 1/2 of procrastrination, and during the 'hard' parts i was counting the seconds by repeating the mandra: "i hate this - i hate this - i hate this" (i know i know, not the most motivational ...)
...so what are your pet hates when it comes to your training regime?
for me it has to be intervals, all of them: bike - swim - run -they remind me again and again how loooong seconds can become....
oh and lunges only because they take so long having to do them separately for each leg!

Comments

• andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    its just swimming full stop...i so so so so wish i could learn to love it...but i hate every frickin length i do!!!!
  • Amen to that Brother.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    swimming, in particular catch up drills, by the end of the 200m set i feel like i'm drowning, i think i just get claustrophobic as my head is in the water for so long. Which is strange as i don't have my head under for much longer than i would normally.
  • WHAT?? I love sprint intervals...

The anticipation, the power off the start, the speed, the noise, the adrenalin pumping, the pain exploding in your legs, you feel like you can't breath, hold on, hold on, hold on and DONE... gasping for air, your lungs are on fire, your heart is about to jump out of your chest, you feel like you are going to be sick, you can't see strait then 5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3 seconds, 2 seconds, 1 second... Repeat.

in fact... I feel some swimming sprints coming on this evening perhaps!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Swimming is my favourite!!!

Turbo training... man I hate that s###!
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    andyb99 wrote:
    its just swimming full stop...i so so so so wish i could learn to love it...but i hate every frickin length i do!!!!
    Me too - and then when i'm in a lake i love it!!
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    The long run. Mind numbingly boring and takes at least an hour out of my evening.

I love all the eyeballs out stuff though. Hill repeats are a favourite.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    hills, and being in wilts i've got no choice but to haul up the things. most of the way up i'm thinking - 'i do this so that hills in races are no object, and the flat will make me fly like the wind'.

you can take the boy out of suffolk, but you can't take suffolk out the boy.
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    Running drills, heel flicks, high knees etc. Probably the public humiliation more than anything else...
  • Doc ScoDoc Sco Posts: 38
    Hey Ris stop moaning about them-thar-hills! I live in Cambs and not a hill or hillock in sight!!! Its sooo flat and boring, would love the challenge of a few hills - especially as i'm originally from Yorkshire but moved before I caught the tri bug!

My pet hate? Erm dont have one (am I sad or deluded?) just love this sport. Give me time and I'll find one
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    I dislike swimming but only because I need some serious improvement, I think I can work on it.

I love cycling and always have done. Running I enjoy.

BUT anything in a gym/indoors bores the crap out of me so I will do anything to get out in the fresh air.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Injuries. They hurt. They stop you from doing what you want to do.

I don't really call my swimming "training", rather it's "practicing". Even then, it isn't really the swimming that I hate but the gulf between what I want to be able to do, and what I am capable of. "I will be able to swim I will be able to swim".. gets in water "Oh.. I can't swim I can't swim". Get out thoroughly demoralised.

I quite like the pain.. mainly because you feel so good after you've finished.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    For me its training in thi sh3t weather we call a summer. Theres nothing worse hawt weather training.