Home Chat General Chat

New Carbon Tri Bike under £950

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165710

got a good write up in tri plus too.

G

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Blimey! Now that has thrown the gauntlet down!
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    You'd definitely need to add a decent set of wheels.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Conehead wrote:
    As long as the frame really is carbon and not fibreglass covered in a carbon sheath - looks pretty good. Best get on the test blag with them..........
    What happened to that last one you tested? was there a review on that?
  • Conehead wrote:

Needs more than a simple whip around a race track dressed head to foot in 'VOTWO' kit to get a comprehensive breakdown on it.
    OOOOOOHH!! Hark at 'er getting all vitriolic!! Jealous of "The Blow" are we??
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Well, if you're under pressure with a deadline don't forget you can always fill copy by talking about the colour or the cork tape. That seems to be how it works in some of the tri press...
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    This looks like it could fit the bill in terms of gettind a decent TT bike on the cycle to work scheme. I know nought about bikes though, so i would ask the following:

220, for all its failings, did mention that carbon for a grand is usually not worth a damn (but then that will change as soon as Focus do one and you can get it from Wiggle...). At this price point you should be looking at decent alloy/aluminum (check the american spelling). Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Also, how good is the Sram Rival group set? I am complete bike philastine, so i'll need it compared to an equivilent product in the Shimano range.

Cheers
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    by Conehead » 22 Aug 2009 10:52

Still putting it through its paces!

Needs more than a simple whip around a race track dressed head to foot in 'VOTWO' kit to get a comprehensive breakdown on it.

Not taking it to Oz with me though, the Black Bomber would simply murder me in my sleep.
    You still got the tiger frog? I saw that bike and well.... hmmmmm I'll wait for the test report. Better be a better report than what you get in 220!!!
  • Has anyone else noticed that the frame is aluminium with a carbon paint job?
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Has anyone else noticed that the frame is aluminium with a carbon paint job?
    this years model features a fully aero low profile carbon fibre monocoque frame
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    But if you click on the Specifications tab and then look half way down it says Frame: Aluminium

they've got two different specs for the frame, so either it's badly written up or they're trying to pull a fast one.
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Anyone know the weight???