Home Chat General Chat

ouch!

I thought I would add mine to the list of triathlon injuries.
Nothing as glamourous as falling off a bike; I simply fell over my own feet while doing the run. It was in spectacular style and I have managed to injure my knee, elbow, hand, arm, shoulder and head! I think I must have rolled when I fell.
I then spent 2 hours in A&E due to my head injury, instead of finishing, so have a DNF on only my second tri.
Not a good Sunday. Any condolences/ support would be appreciated, as well as stroking of my bruised ego! It is after all a bit embarrasing falling over yourself

Comments

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Lol! Sorry, should say something like 'it could happen to any one of us' but instead I'm going to say 'that is flippin' hilarious!'

Hope you are not too badly injured but you have to admit, it is quite funny!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Commiserations bootoo! You'll be laughing about it, soon enough, as well as dining out the story for years to come. You need to send it to Conehead for his latest book!

Do you fall over a lot? You don't have hyper-mobility syndrome do you? The missus has that and she is forever falling over her own feet. It sounds just the sort of story that she would come back with.
  • Curly68Curly68 Posts: 21
    I came into T2 once and had a leg over to one side and still clipped in. Put the brakes on but a bit too much front brake and went over the handlebars!
    I commiserate with you.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    from someone that by all accounts should have DNF'd a month ago but was too stupid to realise, I really sympathise.

get better soon, and if it was a concussion were you told to not train/race for any length of time? I only ask because in rugby (RFU/England) its a mandatory 3 week stand down (caveat: doctor's letter absolving the situation.

didds)
  • BootooBootoo Posts: 29
    Jack, yes I do fall over a lot. Normally when running but I don't normally hurt myself this badly (I don't normally hit my head at least)
    I am very hypermobile in my joints so maybe that explains it. My hubby just calls it clumsy!

I am sure I will laugh about it some day. Just not today now my neck has stiffened up. It feels like I have whiplash.
    I wasn't told not to train but I am going to take it easy for a few days anyway. My body wouldn't cope with any training at the moment, I feel about 60.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Ah it was sunday, i was going to ask if you were an American 4x100m sprinter by any chance.

Perhaps you had a Spanish runner behind you?