Home Chat General Chat

Crazy people out there- y'all be careful now

BexHBexH Posts: 226
This is a lovely story I just found- what delightful people we have in our society. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... ntrol.html

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Hmm.. I'd like to think it was a highly unusual and isolated incident.

There are no bad dogs, only bad owners. So if the dogs attack when the owner is there... it gives you a pretty good idea of the sort of person the owner is.

I must admit though, that these sort of things do make me go all Daily Mail... but, when you get to the bottom of things, there is often some kind of back story. I hope so in this case.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I second that. The amount of times I've come across owners who cannot control their dogs in unbelievable. I've been nose to nose with a guy who's dog attacked mine and my dog is so placid its unreal.

As Jack says, its the owners in the majority of the cases who are to blame,
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Don't know if anyone saw any of the tour of the final stage of the tour of turkey rerun today (NOT worth watching but most other hotel tv channels) - one of the riders was taken out by a dog running straight into the road in the middle of the peloton.

He went head over heels then caught up with the pack only to be promptly DQd for drafting behind the neutral service car. I imagine he was a tad pissed off!
  • jesus christ! Cant we put down the owners as well as the dogs?
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Unfortunately these people are 'the most vulnerable members of society' - yeah tell me about it, I deal with them on a daily basis, that is the politico speak and they have an army of 'support workers', 'advocates' 'personal advisors' not to mention social workers, solicitors etc etc at their beck and call. Not that I am dissing the workers but our politician lords and masters are too concerned about losing a single vote and do not have the guts to turn around and say 'behave like decent human beings or else'. Normally they confine themselves to their squalid hovels where thy live in sh#t but have 42" plasma TV's and full Sky packages but occassionally they do stray off where they encounter normal, civilised people.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    I quite freely tell dog owners that their dog should not be off a lead if they aren't properly trained and controlled. Some look pissed off, no-one has actually decided to discuss it with me yet. I have kicked a few on the nose (dogs, not owners - unfortunately) as they've run up to me and developed a mean heel flick for the ones that follow.

I'm not a dog person (because I'm not a sheperd, so I don't need one) but it is irresponsible owners that annoy me most. Especially when I'm taking my kids to the park and picking my way through the sh*t, owners who don't clear it up should be made to eat it. Quite often cycle or run past the local hunt dogs. Two blokes, 50?(loads) of dogs. They have more control over the whole pack than most people have over one!

RANT, FUME
    Ade
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Bad owners give all dogs a bad name. Same way as few bad cyclists give us all a bad name.

Strictly speaking, dogs should be on a lead when on a public highway/pavement!
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    I find the dog mess slalom an extra challenge on my regular run routes but best of all are the attitudes of the owners when their dogs chase you-"If you just stopped he wouldn't chase you" they cry. I'm usually too out of breathe to point out the definition of running...