Home Chat General Chat

Evening Tri diet

Got my first evening tri tomorrow, wondering what to eat during the day to be ready for a 6.30 kick off!?

Comments

• Is it a sprint event? I'm guessing it is, as it's in the evening - Dorney?

If it were me - I'd eat my normal diet during the day (muesli and yoghurt for breakfast, salad in a rice wrap fresh fruit and nuts for lunch) with a few little extra dried fruit and nut snacks, maybe an energy bar or some soreen in the mid afternoon.

Plenty of water with half a nuun for the bike leg and you should be fine.

Don't try anything new, just in case your stomach doesn't like it and goes all crampy and sicky on you just when you want to be storming! Good luck!! - I'm envious but haven't had the time to do the evening races. Next year.

blurredgirl
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    What distance? Assume it is a sprint, or it will probably be dark by the time everyone has finished!

Eat normally for you. Keep hydrated. Try to have your main meal at lunch time, then a lighter meal at three hours before. Then whatever you do before a race - e.g. a banana or energy before at 1 hour to go. Keep hydrated. You'll probably feel hungrier than you normally would if you are used to a heavier meal in the evening. But a few snacks up to to one hour before of something easily digested won't be too bad.

have fun!
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    Apart from damp and windy (especially the out leg of the bike) how did you find the tri?