Home Chat General Chat

Im back (for those who remember me lol)

Its been months since i logged on.. Im finally a triathlete. It was a tough journey. first tri DNF swim disaster - shoulder. Second tri. hurt ligaments in my shoulder again in the middle of irish sea (ok slight exageration) but the HOFF saved me .

Then finally Athlone Tri Sprint FINSIHED 1hr 25mins. 13min swim, 40min bike and 21min run give or take a few seconds. Since then I have been training away, and reducing my splits. Due to work commitments I have been unable to commit myself to more races this year as I work most weekends until October, which is annoying..

Im training away for the Dublin half and full marathon on at the end of Sept and Oct. Got in my longest run to date yesterday @ 27km. 2hrs 20ish. Not sure exactly because my garmin 50 died due to the rain. :-( it was a slow run but not worried about timings to be honest. Ive run the half marathon in 1hr 45 which is decent enough.

So over the last few weeks I have been thinking about IRONMAN as I'm sure most of you have also (well those of you who haven't already signed up). IRONMAN was the reason I got into Triathlon in the first place. So i went through the Will I? Wont I? Will I be able? What if i DNF? arguments with myself up until 15 mins ago when i got out the credit card, said "F**k it" and signed up for IM Switzerland 2010.

I have approximately a year to train and I cannot bloody wait.

Any one else heading over?
IK

The buzz is back (not that it left)

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well good luck and wlecome back.

Not joining you in Switzerland but well done that you decided to go for it. Keep in touch and let us know how things go.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Glad you're back. Thought you had gone missing in action! Although, from your sea swim, it sounds like you nearly did!

Good to see the running is improving (last time you were on you had just had a VO2 max test) - and there looked to be room for improvement

IMCH: There are group from http://bcttt.com heading over. BCTTT is the club that formed from the ashes of the 220forum, with the aim of being the club for people who don't want to be in a club.
  • macmmacm Posts: 11
    Hi Jack

There is a small group who have signed up for IMCH and are discussing this over in the 'Events' forum.
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Not quite up to Ironman yet so won't be joining you lucky people in Switzerland but welcome back, good to see another familiar name back on the forum.
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    Cheers Jack,
    A couple of close encounters alright.

Running has improved a good bit. Still need to be more disciplined on the food though to get maximum output. Long hours at work is wrecking my diet. Getting in 40-50 km a week at the moment. plus some bike and swim. Need to shed 7-8 lbs before marathon in Oct to save my knees.

IK
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Welcome back, Ironkav.

Of course we remember you! lol
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    good to see you back dude.
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    Welcome back Kav, and good work in your races to date.

I'll also be doing Dublin in Oct. Looking forward to it.
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    Good stuff.. What sort of mileage you doing at the moment?

Have you set any goals for the marathon.

IK