Home Chat General Chat

anybody doing dorney lake at the weekend

hi everybody

I am coming down from the grim norht to do dorney lake on sunday olympic was just wondering if anybody else on the forum was doing it .

Comments

• JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    I'll be there! I'll be on a white orbea, and hanging around with a group from the BCTTT
  • ditto jellybaby. except for the bike. and i'm doing the sprint. on a boardman.
  • I'll be there on the Saturday for the F3 events 3.8k swim. I meant to do some training for this but I've been exceptionally lazy recently... this will be my 3rd bit of excercise since Ironman almost a month ago!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    I'm in the OD too.

be aware that the website has been around and about with start times changing for the sprints all over the place.

Allegedly the latest news is...

Time Event Notes
    7.00 Site open to competitors Do not arrive at the venue before this time.
    9.15 Briefing for Orca Classic race Location, swim in area (see map board on day)

9.30 Orca Classic race starts (Male wave) Between the start flags. Females only

9:40 Orca Classic race starts (Female wave) Between the start flags. Males only

12:20 Sprint race briefing Location, swim in area (see map board on day)

12:30 Sprint Race Starts (Male wave) Location, between start flags. Females only

12:40 Sprint race starts (Female wave) Location, between start flags. Males only

13.30 Sprint Prize presentation Location, upstairs in the restaurant/balcony

13:00 Orca Classic prize presentation Location, upstairs in the restaurant/balcony

that's as of an email i got from the orgamnisers at 16:49 today (tue)

didds
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    oh man this is turning into bike envy again ! i'll be doing the sprint on a trek 1.2, with new matching wheels! :-D
  • 9.30 Orca Classic race starts (Male wave) Between the start flags. Females only

9:40 Orca Classic race starts (Female wave) Between the start flags. Males only
    12:30 Sprint Race Starts (Male wave) Location, between start flags. Females only

12:40 Sprint race starts (Female wave) Location, between start flags. Males only
    Males only in the female wave and females only in the male wave???