Home Chat General Chat

3km swim - race report

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.

Comments

• good work fella. totally the right move to see the gig through.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well done!!

Your report said it all, can't add to that - sheer bloody guts and determination - nice one!
  • Great report.

I've got one of these a week Sunday at Dorney, I have to say I'm not looking forward to it, but, like you I'm determined to finish. I'm going to use you as inspiration.
  • Next stop - Ironman!
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    good report/ well done on swim! next time carry a glow stick
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    I'm very impressed!! I think I would have drowned on my 3rd lap but to keep going and going and going...hats off matey - you've inspired me now!!!
  • McKennaMcKenna Posts: 12
    well done mate great report was at the race too also doing the 3000m and stayed till all the swimmers were in great efffort
    my finnishing time was 49:20 18th overall was a hard race though with the 4 laps
    good times!!
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Excellent report! Its reports like this that reminds us why we are triathletes-many of us know we will never win anything but we do it for the love of the sport and because we know that ours peers will wait and cheer us on, come what may...

I cant think of any other sport you could say that of
  • DavidHDavidH Posts: 47
    Hey dude.

It was a monumental effort.
    Not coming from a swimming background and only having a few months of OW swimming behind you is fantastic.
    I actually quite enjoyed not swimming for a change and just cheering people in.
    Anyway, it's all about Guernsey now and I think with that sort of performance under your belt you should be switching from the sprint to the 70.3 with me.
    Looking forward to getting out there next week.
    Good times.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Stellar stuff! Heroic. Doubling your distance and going for it, with no special preparation. And getting all the way to the end, despite the temptations, and sound reasons to stop. A great tale!
  • Thanks all,
    I highly recommend the experience to anyone wondering whether to give it (or any other challenge you feel is that bit outside your ability) a go. Not that I even really need to say it because it's the challenge that we all love.
    I did miss the post swim BBQ though and i am still coming to terms with that, had there been a '10min till end of bbq' horn i might have gone sub 50mins .

Dave, the 70.3 is all yours this year, no way i'm missing the post race meal for the second time
    The course looks pretty amazing, can't think of a better way to explore Guernsey.

anyway, time for a lunch run round the park .. good times indeed !
  • Somehow missed this thread when it first appeared, must have been away. Bloody awesome, I love it when someone steps out of their comfort zone, has a gung-ho approach, and blags it on the day. Fantastic.
  • flippin heck, swimmin in the dark doesnt sound like fun!

Well done SB
  • Missed this post originally as well, so just wanted to offer my congrats salty one. Well impressed!