Home Chat General Chat

Winter base training

Hi.
Does anyone know any good winter training plans ?
I completed my first 70.3 this year and next year i am doing IM Switzerland but i am looking for a winter training plan to keep me motivated and keep some base level fitness.

Winter normally means putting on a few pounds for me and i would rather not do that this year.

Many thanks

Steve

Comments

• okennyokenny Posts: 231
    Good question....I have the same problem.....
    I want to get a gooe base period before next summer, but I'm not looking forward to hours on the trainer and treadmill.
    Any tips on making this easier? (Aside from moving to Australia)
  • vetboyvetboy Posts: 21
    I've recently been doing the CTS Progressive Power course on my turbo trainer. It's 15 sessions of 1 hour, which works on pedalling mechanics as well as power. Worth considering doing over the winter as it will give you some sort of focus. Also worth looking at general weaknesses you have and just working on those. I've been doing quite a bit of stuff with the Total Immersion Swimming Technique (book and DVD available), and my swimming has improved markedly. It's especially good if you don't have someone to coach you on technique. It takes quite a few months to modify technique, so worth doing over winter.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    Have a look at Endurance Nation website. They have some interesting things to say about winter training to ponder while you're planning what to do.

Ade