Home Chat General Chat

where is the love?

hello all.

well i'm looking for a bit of a boost, like most of you i am heading in to the long, dark winter training. so whats the plan? well quite frankly i have no idea, when i was training for the triathlon i was focused, i knew that what i was aiming for a date,

so what the hell does everyone do in winter training? im bored already, do i work on speedwork at all, do i just think about technique. how much cardio should i be doing?

im really trying to get myself up to going for a run tonight, but im just sat here being miserable and thinking why, whats the need? what should i be aiming to do in this winter break? i want to be well and truely ready to get going in the 2010 season, humph.

Comments

• Expect a that small package to arrive tomorrow - will that help?

VAM
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    can you find some runs to do over the winter to keep the training focussed? after my last race of the season (end of the month) i think i might stop thinking about training for a bit and then look at some winter 5k and 10k runs.

bath half marathon is in mid-march and i want to do that again which should give me a good training goal for the 2-3months before it.
  • 55ant55ant Posts: 22
    ah yes, that has cheered me up! i might spend some time thinking about some sort of swim training for tommorow!!!!!
  • Feeling adventurous? Highly recommend Tough Guy-if you thought Tri could get macho

www.toughguy.co.uk

Last year bunny girls ran thru the mud...hmmm
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Personally I've gone for swimming lessons every week between october and the middle of december and a series of 6 10k runs - one per month from October to March.

I don't like cycling when its cold
  • hellrunner = november
    grim = oct/november

You need to get dirty over winter, thats the only thing you need to think! x-country runs, mountain biking, erm mud wrestling! whatever as long as its fun!

oh and skiing in the pure driven snow :-D (thats my clean bit then!)
  • yes i am feeling pretty much like this, everything next year seems very out of focus...but i need to get much faster as i am very slow so there is lots of work to be done in the winter
    i have entered a 10k for this sunday and a half marathon in november too but it is a matter of self discipline to get up and go and do them...somehow in my head they don't matter...not even the money i pay to enter give them any gravitas...sad really
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    %k runs, 10k runs half marathon, all before end of October.