Home Chat Race Chat

Faringdon Tri this Sunday

Hey,

Anyone raced this before? Its a 50k bike course but havent seen any details about hills or lack of. Anyone got any idea?

Cheers,

Lex

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    not raced it before but have signed up for it (although heard nothing since my confirmation email back in june... so who knows!).

i found the routes (with elevation) for bike and run on mapmytri:

bike route
    run route

bike looks like an undulating ride with a steepish at the end.
    apparently the run is fine apart from a short steep hill at about 5k (i think i read that on tritalk).
  • LexLex Posts: 65
    Ris,

Cheers mate. I havent heard anything either but one of the lads from work is racing and did so last year. Apparently they dont send anything out until the last minute - Wednesday last year apparently.

Lex
    nice one, that's good to know, i was starting to wonder what was going on!

when i get my race number maybe i'll bung it up on here if anyone here wants to say hello.
    still nothing from soll leisure. starting to get a bit narked off with them now.

if i was having to arrange transport or accomodation i think i'd be getting concerned. sent a couple of emails over the last month and had no reply - not terribly impressed.
    Ris,

Yeah im surprised and not impressed either. Have a niggling hamstring injury that I shouldnt risk - this is just confirming my decision to pass on this one.

Im going to pass and try and limp through London Duathlon next weekend instead!

have a good one mate,

Lex
    shame you've got a knock and won't make it, lex. best of luck for the london duo.

hope i hear from them soon enough. there was a number on the entry form so i might give that a try.
    Ris,

They have just sent an email out mate with the start times etc.

Good luck dude