Home Chat General Chat

Recovery Drinks

Hey All,
Looking for a good recovery drink with low fat content to help me maintain daily training.
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks,
DrJ

Comments

• A pint of milk or I tend to go for Goodness shakes. Love em ( but they cost a fair whack!!)
  • OranjOranj Posts: 45
    [img:5af1md9c]http://mylunchnow.co.uk/communities/3/004/006/629/723/images/4522287635.jpg[/img:5af1md9c]

Yummy.
  • drjekyll002 wrote:
    Hey All,
    Looking for a good recovery drink with low fat content to help me maintain daily training.
    Any suggestions welcome.
    Thanks,
    DrJ
    why the low fat content?
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Semi-skimmed milk for me, but have used for goodness shakes after races and they work really well. SIS Rego works a treat too and is powdered so just mix it up.
  • Mars energy milk drink! Lush, I can drink gallons of it without being sick!

http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/brit ... id=SFP0035
  • I have discount codes for 25% off For Goodness Shakes...... PM me for a code if you want one:)
  • Try Amino Load by Allsports international i used it for years, and so do most of the cyclists i know. the reast of their suppliments are good and a lot cheaper than the big name brands.
  • For goodness shakes, what a crock of poo......

Pint of milk and a multivit, and I will eat my own head if you can prove that FGS can do a better job.........
  • agreed, FGS are a complete rip-off, its milk!!!!!!
    I use skimmed milk powder for recovery, if I'm not near home I have one bottle with the powder in and one with water in for the workout, then mix the two at the end. It also means you can boost your protein by just making the milk thicker. (plus, with a touch of rego its gold, and make a small rego tub last longer, much longer
  • agree about forgoodnessshakes - they are stinking an all! good multivit and a pint of milk is better.

I was reading in "Scrawny to Brawny" - Berardi that they found in a study the best workout (endurance and strength) shakes also contained protein - obviously he didnt go into depth on the ratio's for endurance athletes as this was a hypertrophy subject but it might be worth looking into!

P.S. this was for pre, during AND after the training, not just after
  • Guessing from the replies on here not many people like the FGS then...

I really do like them, I think they are far better than Rego which is effing Sh*t in my opinion. Its more watery than your sh*t the day after a really hot vindaloo or when you have the trots.... tastes horrendus and is as synthetic as you can get....

Although I agree with the price of FGS is high..... but I get them free so thats not an issue for me.

With my training schedule the FGS has me recovered 100% more than rego ever did.... and as some of you guys know I train my ass off every day of the week.
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    I've had a bad reaction to some energy drinks in the past so use a mix of fruit juice, water and nuun - seems to be effective enough for my level of training with no problems so far
  • hussler. wrote:
    With my training schedule the FGS has me recovered 100% more than rego ever did.... and as some of you guys know I train my ass off every day of the week.
    I think rego is poop too,

Do you drink FGS on the move or just as recovery?
  • Hey Guys,
    Thanks to you all for the input.
    looks like we have a clear divided camp on this, but that is cool, I will try both the Frijj/FGS route and the Rego+Milk route and see how I go, but can't go wrong as I love all that stuff anyway.

Great point by Tommitri by the way - never thought of carrying powered milk around as a quick fix when not got the real stuff to hand.

Cheers,
    DrJ
  • If I could afford to buy FGS all the time I would... they taste lovely too.
  • comanighttrain - I use FGS only for Recovery:) On the move is High 5 Extreme:) Buzzing my t*ts off haha