Home Chat General Chat

Favourite gym tracks?

Ok, so here's a Friday afternoon post for you (I'm doing a research funding application and it's soooooo dull )

What are your favourite tracks to give you that lift at the gym or on the trainer to finish a hard workout?

At the moment I'm liking Our Velocity by Maximo Park and The Trumpton Riots by Half Man Half Biscuit.

Comments

• huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    I keep a few NAPT mixes on standby for when it gets boring in the gym, theres a free one here if anyone wants some non cheesy upbeat breakbeats:

http://www.napt-music.com/liveinthemix2 ... x_2009.mp3
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    rocky 4 - hearts on fire or the training montage'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • transittransit Posts: 163
    I only do cheese, top gun theme, baywatch, etc etc, Alot of old school rock for me too, some of the Kings of Leon is helping too!
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Most songs by The Prodigy and Rage Against the Machine seem to help get me through to the end. Not really sing-along kinda stuff but hey!
  • 45CDO45CDO Posts: 44
    I'm sure not to everyones taste..!

Hills

X Gonna give it to ya - DMX
    Spitfire - Prodigy
    Diesel Power - Prodigy
    Galvanise - Chemical Brothers
    Killing in the name - Rage Against the Machine

Fast runs

Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Great stuff, start off slow and build up....
    Galvanise - Chemical Brothers

Long Runs

I'm Me - Lil Wayne
    Meteora - Linkin Park
    Power ballads
  • the sound track from every rocky film 3 and 4 are the favourites
  • Pretty much anything by meatloaf.

Mind you there have been some good tracks posted on this thread and I might be using a few of them in the near future.
  • Ultimate hard core beast yourself tune has to be

motor head - Ace of spades.

Rage against the machine is also good!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    durhamvam wrote:
    Ok, so here's a Friday afternoon post for you (I'm doing a research funding application and it's soooooo dull )

The Trumpton Riots by Half Man Half Biscuit.
    Thats going back a few years it's almost 'Back in the DHSS',you don't get bands like that anymore.
  • Yes, a suggestion from my hubby.

Really enjoying it but everyone else in the gym must think I'm a loony when I start grinning like a maniac while plodding away on the treadmill!
  • 45CDO45CDO Posts: 44