Home Chat General Chat

Forerunner 50

My last HRM gave up the ghost at my last tri (water got in) - do you use your forerunner in the water.

I know your not supposed to press the buttons when underwater but do they get pressed by the wetsuit?!??

If you don't wear it do you just not time yourself and then grab the watch in T1. Which seems a right pain.

I've been pretty unlucky with watches so it might just be me (3 died in 3 months....)

Cheers,

Will.

Why can't they just make all watches so you can press the buttons underwater!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    One other thing - if your looking for a HRM the 50 is cracking.

So much better than the pants Cardiosport that 220 mag recommend.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Bought a forerunner 50 as a cheap watch/bike computer to use in competitions. Yes I use it in the water and have pressed buttons whilst swimming, no it hasn't broken so far. Wetsuit came off over it fine as well.
    Cheers Jibby.

Just get on with then hey!
  • CCSCCS Posts: 53
    I also have a Forerunner 50, and haven't had any problems wearing it in the water - though in my last race, I didn't get any readings apart from as a glorified stopwatch....probably down to user error (it usually is with me). Anyway, certainly no problems with water getting in or anything like that.

Also no problems with pressing buttons underwater - as I often use it for timing lengths in the pool.
    Cheers Guys.