Home Chat General Chat

What's left this season . . .

With some people mentioning the end of the season, I'm still in focused training mode, as I still have the following to complete before it's feet up time.
1 Cotswold Sprint Tri; 05 September
2 Warwick Sprint Tri; 04 October
3 Cardiff Half Marathon; 18 October

Then I'll still have my weekly 5km Parkruns, and probably a few Duathlons.

So what has everyone else got planned for the rest of 2009?

Comments

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Milton Keynes OD on 20/09...
    And then a sprint on 04/10 St James' Palace Foundation in St Albans (not really proper as you get half an hour break between each event - it's more like three sprints - i'd rather be at warwick to see how my times from Stratford have imporved!!)
  • 20th Sept Highworth.
    15 places left according to the website.
  • neath valley triathlon 20th sept
    cardiff half marathon 18th oct (preparation for ironman uk 70.3 next year)
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Bala Standard Tri a week on Sunday. It's cold, wet and windy up this way, conditions therefore likely to be "testing"
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    cantdoitbutwilltri wrote:
    20th Sept Highworth.
    15 places left according to the website.
    i think there are few of us going to be there from 220/bcttt. it would be nice to meet some fellow forummers if people have time and are interested. maybe post race numbers and waves or something when they are released.

i'm doing faringdon tri this coming weekend (although i'm not feeling terribly up for it, shame really)

then highworth on the 20th, followed by a bit of a rest!

edit - they are now calling highworth as full, but the final list of entrants isn't up yet.
  • Triandrun Winter Ballbuster on 7th Nov. Signed up a bit hastily earlier in the season and now beginning to get a bit nervy! Hills, hills and more hills by the sound of things. Eek.
  • The Perranporth Surf Challenge Triathlon is on the 20th September down in Cornwall. A great excuse for a weekend away. i think it's nearly full, but if there's spots available it's great fun. I've done it the last 2 years and loved it. It's very relaxed and i think a lot of people do it as an end of season wind-down. I was also there for the infamous 2004 race (as featured in 220's top 10 DNF's) as a lifeguard. we reckon we pulled about 70-80 people out of the water that day, so anyone who can finish if when the surf comes in can be pretty proud of themselves. The last 3 years have been pretty flat though, so fingers crossed for somethin in between this year.
  • Highworth Sprint 20th Sept - If you see me on the bike I wouldn't follow me, I missed a left turn and did an extra 3 k last year
    Leeds OD 27th Sept(1st OD)
    Great South Run, October some time, persuaded to enter by a mate, who then failed to enter himself
  • September's quiet but October is just silly!
    Barcelona Olympic, then the Jekyll and Hyde Duathlon with a marathon the following week.
    Just waiting for someone to talk me into the Ballbuster!
  • 10th October Bison challenge www.racetimingsytems.com
  • 2 more sprint tri's...
    20th Sept Cheshire
    4th October Warwick/Stratford...
    That will complete my 1st year of sprint tri's then into the murky winter to emerge ready for the standard distance
  • I've got the Great North Swim and the Bala Standard this weekend. The weekend after i'm doing 2 sprints in 2 days (if a babysitter can be found for the Sunday) Tatton Park sprint and the North West Sprint.
    After that i've the Congleton Half Marathon on Oct 11th then Hell Runner (Hell Up North) on Nov 1st. Then the big wait for Toughguy in January!!!
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Great North Swim
    Royal London Parks 1/2 Marathon

And then then that's it. Then it's into planning my middle/long distance debut for next year.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Just Hellrunner for me - Hell Down South.

Though I may do a duathlon.
  • Hever Castle 26 September

Anyone else there?
  • What's left? My first tri!!

Derby Sprint this Sunday (13th) - anyone else there?
  • Hever for me too - then onto duathlons......
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Missed the entries for Southwell last minute tri, so...

Brigg sprint tri, 27th September.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Nivagh, Brigg was going to be my last Tri as well - now had to scratch from that as going to India @ last minute - you may see John.E there, just going to PM him

Good luck
  • GGGG Posts: 82
    Triathlon wise, nothing. But the Cross country is only a few of weeks away, by far my favourite type of racing!

Before that though the Victory 5 in Pompey next week, nice flat course, if its calm weather a good pb prospect, can be very windy though. Week after Southern Relays in Aldershot.

Then the Clarendon Marathon the week after that (only doing the half), stunning scenery, off road. Hopefully it will be wetter and muddier than last year.

GG