Home Chat General Chat

Anyone got any comments on this graph???

Hi everyone,

Just started using a hrm and did some intervals at lunch.

6 1/2 k

1m high, 40s low

[attachment=0:10pnv1bw]Heart rate @ lunch.JPG[/attachment:10pnv1bw]

As far as i can tell there are 6 distinct hight points (all looking around the same) - although they are start at 179 then gradually decrease down to 172 by 13 1/2 mins.

Then it all gets a bit vague...

Any comments/thoughts would be great....well apart from run faster!!

Comments

• What happened to 5-10min warm up?!?
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    [attachment=0:130rrnc0]elevation @ lunch.JPG[/attachment:130rrnc0]

So flat as a pancake.
    Need to know stride rate, stride length and speed.
    I suppose a footpod for the forerunner 50 would give all that....
  • It looks like the bike profile of the Little Woody.
    simondo3333 wrote:
    What happened to 5-10min warm up?!?
    Errrr yes - there was a 1 minute warm up... perhaps i could do a little more!
  • Well it looks like you were doing intervals thats for sure. I guess the peaks and troughs of each interval are lower because you were getting more and more relaxed in the session albeit only a few BPM.

Looks good and as expected up until about 22 mins where something went to pot, were you struggling the last 8mins or so?

Lack of warmup tsk tsk )
    The intervals at 15 & 21 mins look like i'm struggling your right!

It will be good to compare the same route, same intervals to see if i can keep it going a little longer...
  • Sorry, didn't spot it first time I read it, but at the bottom it says "Heart Rate @ Lunch". It's you're hear rate walking doewn the street oggling the ladies scantily dressed in the good weather.
    TRIumphant wrote:
    Sorry, didn't spot it first time I read it, but at the bottom it says "Heart Rate @ Lunch". It's you're hear rate walking doewn the street oggling the ladies scantily dressed in the good weather.
    That's how i calculated my Maximum Heart Rate!!
  • Well, without knowledge of your age, your (measured) max HR and how fit you are, you may as well show me a picture of a coat-hanger..........

No-one can really speculate on a random HR graph without other integral info.
    [attachment=0:1362itxi]index_coat_hanger.jpg[/attachment:1362itxi]

Seriously Firestarter i love you comments!!

Well i'm 33, blue eyes, a wonderful smile....

Sprint times of around 1h20m, OD of 2h35min - so not very fit!!

No idea of my measured Max hr but higest i've ever had it is 182.
  • [quote="willtri but higest i've ever had it is 182.[/quote]

you need to work harder then.............

If your max HR is around 185-190bpm then not bad, if your doing Intervals you want knocking on the door of you max HR or you aint working hard enough.

If you gonna train with HR then you have to stick to it and do a few races with it too, I dont race with HR anymore due to the differences in my HR on race day to training (caffiene, adrenaline etc) make my HR figures roughly 5bpm-ish higher so i use percieved effort when racing. But when your new to HR (and racing in general) it gives you the relevant info you need to stick to your pace and not get carried away.
    To be fair i could probably push it a little harder...

Even just using 220 - 33 = 187 you reckon i should be knocking on 185?

May well be worth working out what my HR Max is.
  • If you really want to know some relevant data, then get yourself wired up and tested, V02max, lacatate threshold and tolerance, anaerobic threshold, max HR, dynamic lung capacity, then you'll know how fit you are..........

Costs about £100-150 and its well worth doing once a year.
  • Have a look under the "Training" board, some Researcher is offering two free tests.
    Good call TRIumphant.

Email sent....
  • Lol TRIumphant....I've got a couple of mates who swear by their Garmins (and often at them when they send us the wrong way on a long training ride!)
    I didn't realise that this was the sort of data you could get off them...looks really useful. Sorry for asking a dumb question, but is there any way of working out what is your best personal heart rate training zones? I know that intervals are good for speed work and that long slow runs are good for general aerobic endurance....but how would you work what the HR levels for each specific training activity would be personally?
    Cheers
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    willtri wrote:
    To be fair i could probably push it a little harder...

Even just using 220 - 33 = 187 you reckon i should be knocking on 185?

May well be worth working out what my HR Max is.
    How knackered are you at the end of your interval session? If the answer is not "really really really knackered" you should be going a bit harder. So the coaches at the track session I go to reckon anyhow.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Nice graph...
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Any chance of you converting into a Pye Chart,I find it easier to work in percen......mmmmmm pie.
    well - i could work at my desk for the next few hours...

How really really really knackerd can you get in half an hour without having a heart attack?>!?!?