Home Chat General Chat

Bristol Half marathon! Anyone else there?

Hello all

It seems an age since I last posted a topic!

So I did the Bristiol half marathon last Sunday and loved it! Did anyone else do it and if so what did you think and what was your time?

I clocked a 2.00.38 and was resonable pleased as it was my first half marathon and I was sick at 6 and bit miles.

You might of seen me bent over the railings by the river feeding the ducks my breakfast!!LOL

Comments

• Nice work Baz, apart from the sick of course... Doing my first half mara at the end of November and aiming for 2hrs 10min.

The 2hr barrier is tempting, but out of reach for me at the moment unless I want to damage myself!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Thanks Dave

If it hadnt been for the sick episode I was on fopr 1.45.00, Maybe next year! Which half are you doing?
  • It's near Norwich so should be nice and flat fingers crossed!

Running it with the misses and I know she's going to beat me dammit.
    Its the gentlemanly thing to do Dave! Let the wife beat you! Just imagine the WAT bonus you will get!
  • Norwich. Fingers crossed. Is that do'able, I thought you couldn't cross webbed fingers.
  • I was there in BAD Tri kit.

It was a good race, organisation is always spot on in Bristol. Same can't quite be said about Bath. But I'm a bit disappointed with my 1hr 41min finish, I was really pushing for 1hr 40. More training needed I think. I felt more tired after that race than I did after a half-iron two weeks earlier (maybe this was too soon?). In the half-iron I was pretty pleased with my 1hr 57min run.

To be honest I don't to very much training, maybe 3-5 mile runs twice a week at that pace (7min40 per mile) then in the last two or three weeks I'll do an 8 mile and 10 mile runs.

I'm 31, my max heart rate is around 194 and my forerunner says the average for the Bristol Half race was 184, so around 95%! Not sure that can be right but it might go some way to explaining why I was so tired in the evening, I pushed harder than I've ever pushed in this race trying to get under 1:40 and just missed it.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    clv101, i wonder if your higher heart rate and percieved effort was that the half-iron was only 2weeks ago! impressive effort to get through bristol so soon though - i'm hoping to go back to bath next year and beat this years pitiful time!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    is brizzle still over cobbles at the end?

ouch!

didds
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    I was supposed to be doing this. Injured calf a couple of weeks before put an end to it.
  • didds, no, they run around the inside of Queen's Square now... or something?! I can't quite remember but I'm pretty sure the cobbles are gone. 2007 was the last cobbled year?
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    I'm sure part of last years half was down Welsh Back which is all cobbles?
    There was defo a section with cobles. I remember as I thought here we go twist an ankle or something. No probs though.
  • Shows how much I was paying attention! We did go up the bottom of Welsh Back so I guess there must have been. I have no recollection though!
    We ran up a welsh mans back and it cobles o it?
    I gather welsh back is a road name?