Home Chat General Chat

Sorry Aerobars Question

Sorry for bringing up a topic that has probably been done to death, but,

Have been riding a standard road bike setup for two years now and was looking at getting some aerobars fitted for next season and wondered what other peoples opinions on them are.

Thank you.

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Don't apologise, this is the friendly forum

One of the cheapest 'bangs for the buck' in Triathlon

If you just slap it on, you can undo all the good stuff so either get a bike setup - see thread on bike fit or have a look at this:
    http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/ ... kefit.html

Now if you asking about a suggestion as to which one I'm afraid I will have to defer to those who have more experience on these.
  • Definately worth getting them. Just remember you'll need to tweak your saddle position, etc.

They're just like every other bit of kit when it comes to what to use. You can pay a fortune for some flash, light weight jobs, though depending on your abilities, bike, etc, it may not be worth buying more than just the basics.

I started out with a Profile Design entry level set and they fitted me perfectly.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    surely dropping the headset CH makes up for some of the nose to wheel on the TT's???

And turning the seat post around to allow you to reach better over bars is also needed.

Takes about 10mins to turn a road bike into a TTesque bike
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Think you'll want to spend longer than 10 minutes getting the set-up right.
    As mentioned get somone 'in the know' (decent LBS) to help you.
    But also be prepared to refine your position after that. Only after riding in your new set-up will you really be able to tell what works for you.
    Don't rush it!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    taking handlebars off , remove washers, lower handle bars, put washers back on and tighten. 5 mins.

turn seat post around and turn seat around. 2 mins

Add aerobars. 2 mins.

Tweaking set up to get right 1min.

Lol.... I was using 10mins asa fig of speach. use the LBS and learn from what they say once your sure what your doing then its easier. When you g to tuirn the bike back to road set-up put tape on the bike as markers so that you get the set-up just right.