Home Chat General Chat

Irrational behaviour??

Got my 2nd sprint tri this sunday, check list in place, all looks good but now getting paraniod about where they are going to stick the dodgy entry sticker on my new and shiny bike!...didn't mind where they stuck it on my MTB.....why didn't someone warn me what this tri world does to a person....

Comments

• I always stick mine around the rear brake cable. That way it always comes off easy, and you don't get the sticky remains in your frame.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    If you get some electrical tape & apply it to your frame, you can stick the non removable number sticker to that & peel the whole thing off after your race, or I tend to leave it until the end of the season.
  • Genius Britspin bloody genius. the time I've spent carefully picking off the numbered stickers..... thanks
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    its true what they say about the simplest solution being the best - thats a great tip!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    you can also buy clear sheets of plastic adhesive that goes over the frame. Does the same job as britspins idea
  • and you don't get the sticky remains in your frame.
    Shouldn't be taken out of context!!

What about the extra weight? - and the drag on the leading edge of some tape!!

Seriously though - great idea....will save me many hours!!
  • Just logged on to post new strand and someone's beaten me to it (sort of)

1st tri on Sunday so snuck off work early and have just spent an hour packing and re packing and checking and mentally walking thru the whole day so as to make sure I don't forget anything-trying to remember post race clothes let alone lube and googles and now someone says they're gonna cover my mtb in nasty stickers?!

Will someone please tell me that after months of build up and anticipation I may actually enjoy this cos so far I've turned from laid back mellow 40+ to neurotic git!

PS Dorney lake Sunday #95 (if number falls off I'll be the tail end Charlie)
  • They may write on you, you will get stickers, you will overtake and be overtaken - the only thing I can guarantee is that you will get hooked!!
  • You'll enjoy it I'm sure - you only do your first tri once.

I think the paranoid packing and repacking and list making is practically essential

Good luck, I'm sure you won't be last. Have a great time.

VAM
  • Think I'm hooked already, just fear that this tri business may be a cruel mistress and I'll be the gimp! Mind you if the gimp kit could be made by 2XU I'd probably buy it
  • the electrical tape worked a dream...bike still gleaming....
  • Thank you also for the positive thoughts coming down my broadband-they really helped-see other thread
  • Further to Britspin's tip... I am now marketing electrical tape as 'Tri-Tape'. Functionally identical, just £15 a roll.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Available in a range of colors? £20 with dispenser? Special Tri Scissors (THE cutting edge of triathlon. TM) for cutting your TriTape (TM), offer price... £10.