Home Chat General Chat

Tatton Sprint

I dont normally post twice on bcttt and 220 but i'm glory hunting....so if you've already read this...tough....read it again and give me some praise....hahaha

Hello guys...so i did tatton sprint today and thought i'd write a report...i'll do the negs first..then the pos stuff....I'll also post my times so give me some congrats please.
so the bad stuff....arrived about 7.45 for reg at 8am...went into the tent..queued for 10 mins to find desk 4 was not for wave 4 (too easy right) so had to go to desk 1 and queue again..no bother.
went to transition to rack up...bit crowded but hey...that tri right.....anyway by now its 8.30...so went for a look round the village...cool...announcer then said race briefing at 9...about 8.55 they then said 'transition will close in 5'...oh great...i'm not racing till 10.20....so i've got to stand in my wet suit for 1.20 hours...got into it...only for them to say it was a mistake....still...in my wetsuit i was.
marshal's...not a clue..' is this two laps for sprint?'...sorry mate i don't know!!! great.
hey its not so bad...the venue is amazing...the organisation stank of making money......i got the £13 tee shirt before the race and a bottle for drinks... that's ok but running over the line to NOTHING...a plastic cup of warm water...no Medal...not even an energy drink (although i saw them all stacked up) just stank.

anyway.....enough. negativity...here's how it went.

Got in the water. (f*ck me it was cold)...klaxon went and i was off...1 min in i was almost dead...it was just too cold..so i reverted to BS to try and get round..22 mins later and i was out about 6 from the back...(actually quite pleased as i really struggled)...got t1 done and i was off for my best part of the race...give it everything here...20k in 40.55 and thought i was in good shape...into T2...change into trainers and OMG...whats wrong with my legs..why wont they work??
the run is incredibly rough...very uneven ground...proper trail running which i'm not used to..its only 3 miles in a sprint but i struggled...passed the line in 35.10....1.48 or so for the full race....in fact...my 2nd ever race and i was pleased....but crossing the line was a real anti climax....it sucked....but worse was that it was a real grounder...IM seems a lifetime away...how can i ever do that????

to sum up TPST....its a lovely place...but the organisation sucked (my timing even has me in the 40-45 group but i should be in 35-39..twats)...the water was freezing....the bike great but the run tough....the spectators were great..the marshals useless.,,,and coming over the line to nothing just sucked.

will i do it again....no chance...not that its bad...it just wasn't right....but it was my first sprint....and i feel proud that i did ok

good luck to you guys doing OD tomoz.

all congrats gratefully received

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Congrats - you're a Triathlete (age grouper) and yes it can be a bit anticlimactic 'was that it?'

Agree also at times you think 'bugger me how am I going to manage?'

So let me be the first to say 'well done' as indeed I will say for anyone who even toes the start line and - stick at it.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Andy

a good effort dude.

I am in full aggrement about the running over the line and zip all.

When I finish I like to be given a drink a bag of goodies and some leaflets about stuff. it makes me feel like I have achieved something.

Theres always another evnt!