Home Chat General Chat

Post season marathon training

I have just completed my first season in triathlon, and have thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience!! Having completed my 'A' race in the Swanage OD in 2:40hrs, I feel happy that my training for the year has gone to plan and my body is shot to pieces....

However, in order to kick start my base training for the winter, I have entered the Nice to Cannes marathon in November, usually for a marathon I would begin pounding the streets night after night, but having gone through the season I have learnt alot about the importance of quality training over quantity, therefore has anyone got any advice on the best way to approach ramping up my training from a specific 10km triathlon run to the 26 miles required??

Currently I am training 6 days a week, which incorporates 2 runs 2 bikes and 2 swims, the weekend is set aside for longer runs and bikes, therefore if I were to stick with this programme would I be OK for the race in November, or should I adopt a more run biased training plan to get me in shape????

By the way, I will be looking to run approx 3:30 - 3:40 in Cannes and my 10km time is approx 44mins.....

Any help / advice is appreciate

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I would run a bit more & swim/bike only to rest the legs/joints but keep the conditioning high..after all you won't be swim racing until 2010 in all likely hood so there is little point in being the fastest in the pool in October.
  • cheers Britspin, I think that is the plan of action I will take...