Home Chat General Chat

this months 220

Now i'm going to hijack something of the "other" forum has anyone received their 220 this month? i've not yet got mine nor a few others!

If theres a few of us its time to e-mail monsieur editor!

Comments

• I haven't recieved mine. I was going to give it one more day and then email them.
  • 45CDO45CDO Posts: 44
    I haven't received mine either.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    When was it due out? If they've sent it from down south somewhere by Royal Mail we could be waiting a while.
  • I have just seen it in WHSMiths!! I don't have mine either - normally get it 2-3days before it gets to WHS...not sure what is going on....
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    so has anyone received their's yet? I'm still waiting and wondering when it will arrive
  • Just received my email from 220 saying that thenew edition is now out, can only assume that it's been delayed due to the postal issues, and hopefully sat in the dormat for when I get in tonight.
  • mine just arrived through the front door! Yay
  • Think instead I'll just re-read last months, won't be much different apart from the letters page.
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Arrived today.
    No great revelations in there.
    Just makes me want a 6 series Trek Madone more.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Seeing as I just cancelled my sub, like Flava, I'll be reading back issues. Was thinking of pulling out last years mags for each month and reading them, probably always the same stuff, so Im assuming it will be autumn training stuff this month.
  • On doormat when I got home....

Bman - how did you guess - Andy Blow on yet another awesomely expensive bike (but I do have one of the one's he has reviewed ) and a wind down to autumn issue....

Seriously consiering tri+ as an alternative subscription....
  • got mine yesterday (tuesday)
  • Got mine with this mornings post
  • 45CDO45CDO Posts: 44
    Got mine today as well.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Turned up yesterday
  • Got mine...... incidentally - has anyone else noticed the cost of a single issue £3.99!!!!!!!!

Now whilst I think some of the articles are worth reading - 4 quid seems a bit steep to me.
  • Is it just me or do the writers of 220 seem to be taking notice of the coments we've been making? This month there's alot of talk about-"this is very expensive but good" and "once you get over the price tag the performance is great". They've also taken out the "budget" £900 wheels-and all the items on the list now have a genuine budget item going toa genuine exensive items with various choices between.

Maybe they are starting to realise that triathlons are also being done by non professionals and non millionaire people who just enjoy the sport.

The voice of the forum is being listened too!
  • if you look in the back, their recommended basic bike is now £530 for what they described as a heavy commuter bike! was it any better than the decathlon one? some nice bikes in there - £10K though!! mmmm £10k bike.....
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    10K bike? what's the point/

For the VAST majority of its probably reader base, how much better in reality (glop potential aside) is that from a 5K bike?

If the average reader sat on a 5K bike and s 2K bike, what real benefits would they "enjoy" ?

didds
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    didds wrote:

If the average reader sat on a 5K bike and s 2K bike, what real benefits would they "enjoy" ?

didds
    A quiet feeling of smuggness,perchance.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    is smugness a "real" benefit though? ;-)

didds
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    intimidation value in transition. all those owning cheaper bikes will be so cnsumed with envy they won't be able to pedal properly.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    If you racked your 10k bike in transition would you really want to leave it without first locking it to the rack with large chains and have a hound that makes Cerebus look like a toy poodle watch over it.
    Which made me think that your bike is checked out when the race is over,but no one checks if you take the right one at the start of the bike leg.So it's false details on the start sheet and ride off into the sunset on a 10k bike at the start of the bike leg.
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    still waiting in Ireland... as usual. Postman Pat needs to get a faster boat.

IK