Home Chat General Chat

2010 events

I decided to take part in a few triathlons next year. I was going to do the Derby one this year but never got my bike on time and was not really prepared for one neither. So I decided to spend the winter training and try to be as much as i can ready for the 2010 season. I have setup my sight on doing maybe 2-3 sprint ones and maybe an olympic one (depending on how I get on with my sprint ones). Can I anyone point me to some good races (ideally around the Essex area) for next year. I have googled "Triathlon Events 2010" but there is nothing specific except maybe for the big events. In advanced many thanks.
JC

Comments

• ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    You can search events by month and near postcode on the tri247 website. Might not be too much listed yet though.

BTF website has lists of events too.

cheers
    Ade
  • Thanks Shaggy, will check it up
    JC
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    also the british triathlon website events page

on the whole though few organisers will have dates finalised yet

didds
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    mine landed today and weirdly was only thinking yesterday where was it!
  • Hi Jeannot,

There are a few around the essex area -

Halstead run by the born 2 tri club www.born2tri.co.uk

Grays has another run by east essex tri www.east-essex-tri-club.co.uk/

Ongar's is Jenny Clark try a tri www.trisportepping.co.uk

Maldon has another http://www.blackwatertri.org.uk/

Also there is one in Southend as well.

If you use these website there are links on them to other sites as well, also you could use www.entrycentral.com very easy to use.

Hope this is enough to be going on with.

Jay
  • Best piece I can advise is to enter the olympic and train for that.. the sprints will be training runs and you will enjoy the season more...

set your sights high!!!! I promise you there is no way you will not enjoy tri or want to go longer!

Scotty
  • Words of wisdom!
  • Advice on 2010 possibilities please.....

I want to go longer - to 1/2 iron man distance. So i am considering either the little woddy or The Ineos Swashbuckler Triathlon.

I would love to hear comments on which 'the wise and experienced' think isthe best and what to 'look out' for on either.

Thanks

Martin
  • Martin,

Here's a thread on The Little Woody, little-woody-roll-call-t47381.html?hilit=woody which includes a couple fo reports.

It's a good event, and I can say that I enjoyed all 448 minutes of it.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    The Beaver was good, www.justracing.co.uk. Good bike course, tough run. Little bit shorter than half IM, but not easy.

Vitruvian supposed is highly rated, planning on doing it next year.

Ade
  • PaulGPaulG Posts: 1
    Hi, If you check out the following site www.east-essex-tri-club.co.uk and go to Club League, 2009 Events, you will find a long list of events that form part of their league. The Aqauthlons, Duathlons and Triathlons are open events organised by various clubs, most of which are local to Essex. If you click on the event name it should take you to the relevant site. If you're not a member of a club and are based in east essex you could come along to one of our training sessions, details of which are on the website. The Monday night swim session is a good place to start. A friendly bunch who can give lots of advice and encouragement.

Best of Luck for 2010
    Paul