Home Chat General Chat

Windsor or Blenheim?

Interested in hearing opinions on which of the Sprints to do: Windsor or Bleinheim?
Both events are 1 week apart and thinking of entering one.

Thoughts???

(Have done 2xDorney lake and London this year...)

Comments

• I haven't done either, but having seen both I think Windsor would be top of the list. Book early though, as I think they are expecting it to be sold out within a week.
  • froggerfrogger Posts: 24
    I competed in both this year and they are great races.

There's a current against you when you start windsor swim leg and the Blenheim one is in a lake so its easier to swim with.

The Blenheim bike leg is on a route around grounds and so therefore is closed to traffic, unlike windsor where you're on open roads.

The run leg of windosr is pretty hilly in places and so is Blenheim.

Both are as picturesque as each other.

It would be a tough choice to pick between but you get a medal at blenheim and not at windsor, but you do get an excellent t-shirt at windsor i regular rock when down the gym.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I do Blenheim every year and it is awesome.

I was actually going to replace it this year with the Windsor olympic distance, but i cant enter right now, so i doubt I'll get in. Hey ho.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Do the windsor OD, for an extra £5, get a little more for the crazy entry fee. having done windsor last year, I'd say it would be a super first course for an OD. And like Scotty said, a million times better than London.
  • I did Blenheim as my firt and it was amazing the crowd was great and am planning on doing it again next year. Not done Windsor, but it's on th list.
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Decided to take the plunge and give Windsor a shot. Yes its expensive but it sounds like an interesting one.

Good to have something penciled in now to have a focus point even if I enter some more before the date.