Home Chat General Chat

Compression socks etc - Post training?

Hi all,

I am toying with the idea of purchasing some compression socks, leggings etc for the up and coming base training over the winter. From my understanding this kit is good to wear not only during exercise, but also post exercise to aid recovery?? Has anyone got any experience of using compression gear as part of their training / recovery?? If so, any tips on any particular products out there worth picking up??

One more, thanks for any advise recieved!!

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• I've got 2XU compression tights, calf guards, race socks and recovery socks, and also X-socks compression socks. Can't really recommend one over the other, as they all do what they say they do. Since using compression any issues I'd previously had with tight calves post training / racing seem to have gone away.

Now recently invested in a long sleeve compressiontop for winter training, and will be looking at shorts as well.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I have 2u calf guards, x-socks compression socks, linebreak compres shorts and skins tights. I find that the skins and line break are best, but that's because i think my calfs are too small to get the most from the skins/2xu or x-socks. That said, I do still notice a difference when wearing then compared to not. They make the aches seem less, recover quicker and generally don't feel so beat up after a hard session when wearing them. One word of advise is to make sure that they are compressing sufficiently around the calfs - my next pairs will be a size smaller to make sure they compress properly.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I am held together with compression socks. Wear them all the time when recovering. I have just added some calf guards to my collection - so that I can wear them for racing instead of socks, but also wear them under trousers.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    The skins calf guards Conehead gave us on his rookie day have been great. I find them especially useful for driving home after races, reduces cramping & soreness a lot. I've bought a compression top for after hard swims, which also feels really good (placebo effect?). The next item on my list is tights as I seem to get sore in my quads/hamstrings more than calves so would prefer them over socks/calf guards.
  • Which are best for the hamstring??
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    I've just purchased some linebreak compression tights and used them the first time on Wednesday ,normally after the type of run I did zone 3-4 heartrate the next day I would have been pretty sore.
    But after wearing them for about 4 hours before I went to bed the next day I felt fine.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Compression, compression, compression.
    I love compression gear. I just wish it was more flattering.
    I have toips and tights. Its the way they deal with lactice acid and muscle relaxation which lets you recover so quick. I could not recommend any compression gear higher. just watch the price as it all does the same job what ever you pay!!!!
  • They could be more flattering. after Warwickshire Tri today popped into Stratford with my calf guards on an shorts, got a few strange looks. But sod em', I'd done more exercise in the morning than those NumpT's had probably done all year. Now sat at home typing this with them still on, off before bed, recovery socks under suit tomorrow, and then I'll be fit for training Monday night. Can't fault them.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    i've got some ronhill compression socks post-race, not used them afer training yet though - i need some pain to let me know i've worked hard!