Home Chat General Chat

Kona TV Coverage

Hi. Haven't been on here for ages as my tri season was pretty non-existent mainly due to an injury and a 100k charity walk. Anyway, time to get back in to it and get some winter training in. Was hoping to get a bit of inspiration from Kona and wondered if anyone knows if there is any tv coverage of it this weekend?

Comments

• I don't think it's on TV, only a live feed through the net.

It will be on TV at some point though, probably in about 6 months time at 3 in the morning, on somechannel noonese ever heard of.
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    you can watch it on t'internet at http://ironman.com

but dont think its on tv yet
  • Brilliant, thanks both.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Just read about..www.universalsports.com putting coverage on. Hard to tell on a quick look if its a subscription service or not, worth a look though.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    What time UK-time do they start?
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Coverage on ironman.com starts at 5am Hawaii time, so I guess the race starts 60-90 minutes after the waffle at 9.20am Fri here it is now 10.20pm on Thursday in Honolulu.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Just checking this, the pro/elites start at 6.45am local time on Saturday. Hawaii is ten hours behind GMT so 11 hours behind current UK time as we are still on British Summer Time.

So the race will start at 5.45pm tomorrow, UK time. Pro finishers therefore will finish from about 1.45am on Sunday morning, UK time.

So I might watch some of the start, not staying up for the finish though!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Graves out of the water 4th...
  • Graves leading

Wellington Leading

GB rules and we are ripping it up.

Brilliant.
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    Looks like Graves went out too hard, doesn't particularly matter, he has 15 years left in the sport!

Wellington is just insane, last check 12 min behind the main mens pack, 19 behind the leader!

4 GB girls in top 10 then!

Macca and Crowie in main pack, will come in about 10 mins down on the leader at T2, gonna be a good race!