Home Chat General Chat

Swim Coaching

Hi HeadHunter70

I don't have any names for you but the ASA...http://www.britishswimming.org/ has a list of coaches etc...

also what about the coach at the club does he do private sessions?

Loony

Comments

• Hi Folks,

Did an Aquathlon yestersay (400m swim followed by 5K run) Just a club thing but it highlighted to me just how poor my swimming is. I really thought it had improved but in a competition environment, with spectators, pre-race briefings etc I got very nerveos and as a result, my technique and breathing went horribly wrong. The thing is, I can not attend our club swim coaching on a Fri evening due to family reasons so I am therefore training and developing by myself. Is there a register of UK swim coaches so I can look one up in my region (North East)? I need help urgently!

Cheers, Matt
  • I'm not sure he does but it is a good question. He also does our running coaching on tuesdays so i will ask him tomorrow night. There are 3 coaches in total in the club, perhaps one of them would do some private work.

I am just nervous that they will write me off as a lost cause after yestersay's fiasco! At the least the run went well, so I at least made up for it to a certain extent.

Thanks for the link. I will check that out
  • I doubt that he'll write you off - despite my (slowing improving) "Style" of swimming the coach at our club seems confident that I will get better...

I suspect this will speed up once I start swimming more than once a week

Loon

• GrantGrant Posts: 15
    It might be worth asking at your local pool. I booked in for swimming lessons at my local council pool. It cost £30 for eight group lessons and it's made the world of difference to my swimming. The instructors also do individual training sessions too.
  • Hi Grant,

Thanks for the tip. Funnily enough, someone at runnimg club last night suggested the same thing so I will look into that.

Cheers, Matt
  • HI, I m desparate to get som regular open water swim practise in but can t find anywhere loca despite scouring the internet. I live in Barnet, in North London. Anyone any ideas of where to go or any good resources to check?
  • GrantGrant Posts: 15
    Headhunter70 wrote:

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the tip. Funnily enough, someone at runnimg club last night suggested the same thing so I will look into that.

Cheers, Matt

You're welcome! :)

paulwj wrote:

HI, I m desparate to get som regular open water swim practise in but can t find anywhere loca despite scouring the internet. I live in Barnet, in North London. Anyone any ideas of where to go or any good resources to check?

I've noticed that triathlon clubs tend to run open water sessions, might be worthwhile checking out the clubs list on the British Triathlon site. I also seem to remember seeing a few swimming coaching ads in 220 Triathlon, many of which are in London. They might be able to help.