Home Chat General Chat

Ironman 70.3 and Ironman UK

Hey guys, to start with, triathlon has made me completely skint this year!. However I really dont want to miss out on either of the IMUK events this year and obviously need to get saving for when they open, has anybody got any ideas as to roughly when they opened last year, I have pre registered for both but its very unlikely that when they email to say entrys open tommorrow i will have the available cash.
Any help would be brilliant
Cheers

Comments

• Suggest to the race organizer monthly installments for your entry, if not fully paid with 12 weeks to go you loose what you've paid and your entry goes to someone else, or sell something on e-bay, i'm gonna have to !!
  • I think 70.3 will be mid November, and then IMUK after that. I've got the quandry in that I want to do both, but IMUK is priority, so I've probably got to book into the 70.3 to make sure I;ve got one for next year, and then also IMUK when that opens. A bit of expense.
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    You could apply for a 0% credit card offer (if such a thing still exists these days) and spread your payments back - or pay the fee and get one with 0% balance transfers for a limited time and pay it back at your leisure.

Depends on the degree of skint-ness I guess
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    Just whack it on a card an rack up the debt....then do the same with all the kit you'll need. if you die doing any of em then you wont be bothered about the debt.

November (70.3) and December (imuk) seems to be the general consensus
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    andyb99 wrote:
    Just whack it on a card an rack up the debt....then do the same with all the kit you'll need.
    Kind of what I was saying but more straight to the point