Home Chat General Chat

Chrissie wins again.

2»

Comments

• jacjac Posts: 452
    Conehead's hit the nail on the head.
    It's only because we participate in the sport that we're so passionate about mainstream tri coverage.
    I remember the comments on this and other forums when the Beeb aired Hyde Park, which Brownlee won. Instead of being grateful that the sport we love is getting an airing, we criticised the standard of coverage and commentators.
    We're passionate about it - but the majority of folk in this country couldn't give a toss.
    Many of us are pretty new to triathlon. Did we give two hoots when Chrissie won her first Ironman champs? I certainly didn't because tri meant nothing to me then.
    I can marvel at her achievement now - because I have some (ok tiny!) idea of what she has gone through to achieve what she has.
    Not saying it shouldn't get a mention..but we have to put it in perspective with regards to its following.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Zacnici wrote:
    Here is the Beebs response to my email of protest:

The BBC Sport website can't possibly cover everything and we are currently examining exactly what we do and don't cover. On this occasion, this event missed out. Unfortunately, we have a budget situation at the BBC which means we have to also consider trimming back what we currently do so we have to focus increasingly on UK sports as this is where our licence fee income is derived.

Dear Beeb,

That is Excellent news. Am I to understand thenm that you will be dropping coverage of that non-UK sport football (played by non-UK players or are in teams managed by non-UK managers, owned by non-UK owners, supported by non-UK fans)? - and thus make way for some local events - with coverage of things like IMUK, sprints and ODs from further afield than London!

With the money you save on Football, you'll probably be able to devote a whole channel to sports which have a much more local flavour to them.

Yours sincerely,
    Me.
    xxx
  • ithurtsithurts Posts: 37
    QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!