Home Chat General Chat

London Triathlon clubs

I live in Camden and after a fair bit of searching am considering joining the Mornington chasers club (for the running side of things) and TriLondon (mainly for the swimming/cycling sides).

If anyone is a member of either of these and has time for a few questions can you pm me?

My concerns I suppose are that they’ll turn out to be really keen, when ultimately I’m just doing this for fun. Although I want to improve am equally looking for the social side of things and to have a laugh as I go!

Cheers for any help

Comments

• JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    BCTTT
  • very subtle, jb
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    I did the chasers 10k a few weekends ago in regents park and there were a few trilondon shirts in the crowd, might see if I can hunt one down after the race to see what they reckon (I'm in pretty much the same boat as yourself but a few stops further up the northern line)
  • Hey Huyd, what stop on the Northern line are you?
    West Finchley is mine
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Conehead wrote:
    There's a great virtual/real triathlon club full of chancers and misfits - not sure what the club rules are but something to do with you have to be at the bottom of the results sheets in triathlons or something. JellyBaby quietly mentioned it...

Not sure who started it - some fat bald bloke who thinks he knows something about triathloning and such like.....

http://www.bcttt.com

viva revolution.....
    SPAM SPAM SPAM... no wait... Haven't I made a similar mistake like this before?
  • It's too late now Falavdave, you've uploaded it. Doh!
    u_j_2001 wrote:
    Hey Huyd, what stop on the Northern line are you?
    West Finchley is mine
    I'm relatively south in beautiful Archway. Where about do you ride your bike? Any good routes up from Finchley?
  • JaminhoJaminho Posts: 11
    cheers for the replys thus far everyone!

Huwd - if you do get a chance to have a chat with anyone I'd be keen to hear what they have to say!On a side note how have you found the Regent's Park 10k thus far? I've done it for the past couple of years and really enjoyed it, but was put off by the price this year! Have they brought in chip timing or something? Previously it was just a bloke with a stopwatch and I wasn't up for paying £50 for someone else timing me to do three laps of a free park! Maybe i'm just a tight git!
    Sure - I will see if I can ask at the next one and let you know. Yes theyve bought in chip timing which makes it worth it, I can see your logic - I would be a bit peed off for the price, a busy park with everyone running the same direction isn't the best place for a good time!
  • Hi Huwd,

there are a few very nice routes up from Finchley. I usually cycle to Barnet and from there, there are many options of green countryside cycling.

Have a look at this route: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/We ... ttersBar-2

Or this one: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Ba ... Totteridge

Enjoy
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    fifty notes for a 10k! fifty!

that's about a quid a minute for most people, which makes overpriced football matches, cinemas and theatres look top value. the goody bags had better be heaving with quality free stuff for 50 sheets.
  • JaminhoJaminho Posts: 11
    No - it's £50 for the series, 6 races I think.

Like I said when I did it it was £30 and just some bloke with a stopwatch, then a banana and cup of water when you finish...nothing else at all.

It is quite popular though, must be a couple of hundred people doing it...sorts out the club coffers for another year I expect
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    50 for a 6 race series looks much better! better value that some of the muddy scrambles we get out in the provinces.
    Yes £50 for 6. If it was £50 for one then I think I'd really take my time to try and get value for money