Home Chat General Chat

Planet X Stealth Pro

Hi

Anyone know if the Planet X Stealth Pro is any good. I have read the Bike Radar review which makes it sound like really good value for money. Cat Morrison who won the UK 70.3 rides it so must be pretty good.

Only worry is that the model is quite old now, think it came out in 2006 or something and they may update it to something different.

Anyone know?

Comments

• jacjac Posts: 452
    I know nothing about that bike.
    But for the same money the Boardman Air TT1 looks unbeatable. Great spec.
  • Yeah, the boardman elite would be ideal, however it is quite a bit more expensive. Its £2,200 just for the frame whereas the Planet X is about that for the complete bike.

I am looking for a Tri Bike to get for next season, £3,500 max. Any suggestions?
  • Ah, this has opened up a lot of choices, £3500 is a lot on a bike (for me) so i want to do the research. Argon 18 E-112 is up there as well, if i can get the build for £3500. Anyone know any other decent bikes that would be worth a look at. I know half of it is about fit, but i wouldnt mind a shortlist.

The windrush does look nice by the way!
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    The Cervelo P4's got a get a look.
  • Blue Triad is a definate contender, if i can find out how to get one!!

http://www.rideblue.com/triad.php

I like the Cervelos, but they are just too popular.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    sam_thebatman wrote:
    Blue Triad is a definate contender, if i can find out how to get one!!

http://www.rideblue.com/triad.php
    Phil Corley cycles in Milton Keynes have them, didn't think it looked as nice in reality as it does on the web.
  • Any idea on the price?

There website is being updated?
  • Paul123Paul123 Posts: 13
    willieverfinish wrote:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/can ... e-ec020248

Im drewling side of mouth for this one:)
  • I have found out that the Blue Triad is 2,999 with SRAM force, which to me seems like a bit of a bargain. You can get it with Ultegra for £3,199 or DA for £4999.

I may have to go for it. They have only just become available in the UK. WOuld kike to know what people think or know anyone whos had a go?
  • I noticed no one had actually offered an opinion on the Stealth, just suggested alternatives. I picked up a frame/forks deal from Planet X and then built up the bike from there. Obviously it depends on components but this is a light and very fast bike, comfortable ride position, smooth ride and excellent handling at speed on descents and in corners. Downsides; external cable routing...but this does make maintenance easier. I have set a fastest bike split in a tri this year (for the first time ever) on this bike and will be taking it to to Florida for the 70.3 Worlds. In short - excellent bike and great value for money (and no, I don't work for Planet X! In fact they declined to sponsor me!).
  • Yeah, the Stealth looks good and has a great spec, however the thing that puts me off is that the frame design is now a little old it seems. I would like a bike that has only just come out really, i think i am slowely convincing myself to get the Blue Triad, however the Argon 18 E-112 is always in the back of my mind!!
  • Any idea what size ARgon 18 e-112 frame i should be on? Im 6ft?