Home Chat General Chat

Winter Training Schedule, this months 220

Hi,

I've spent the last few weeks just doing what I please, but now is time to start the winter training, partly inspired by this months 220, great article on pg 28, Your own training program.

Anyway, i've studied the article and came up with this Excel spread sheet:

http://www.s281102879.websitehome.co.uk/Shared_Folder/2009_10_Winter_Schedule.xls

Anyone fancy them selfs as a trainer and would like to give me some feedback?

Many thanks

Comments

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    I wouldn't say useless.

Brilliantly useless maybe

didds
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    Those hours are in accordance with the article in 220, max winter hours trained being the highest, minus 1/3 for rest week, plus 1/3 for weeks one and two.

The hours are training, not travel ect.
    I suppose if I had a swimming pool with coach, a running track, again with coach in my garden, then yes I would regain that travel time
    Oh I see, yes that is 'worst case'
  • KenMacKenMac Posts: 14
    Training is often over complicated, the important thing with any program is that it works for you, i.e. you can do it, you do recover from it and you do improve your fitness as a result of it. A training program is a great tool but a bad master. There are plenty of athletes who have regressed as a result of religiously sticking to a program rather training in a way that benefits themselves. However most endurance training will help most people improve their fitness most of the time!
    The off season is a great time to look at and work on the other aspects of your triathlon other than fitness that can help you improve such as technique, skills, muscle imbalances etc
    (and oops a plug here..
    than often overlooked skill swimming straight in the open water! . http://www.swimstraightingtheopenwater.com)

have fun,