Home Chat General Chat

Taking one for the team - Ironman Florida

Wow - and on my birthday as well.

Are you mad? Actually no need to answer that.

Will be following the blog and celebrating your success on my birthday.

Truly bonkers.

blurredgirl

Comments

• Good luck SGM. Our thoughts are with the ones you leave behind.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    So I did 'the badly prepared 70.3' earlier this year... now you have to go one better with a half-arsed IM. Or is that one worse?

Either way, good luck old chap. Keep us all informed as you fail to prepare properly.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Good luck Conehead. Smash it up then tell us all about it.
  • Your so disorganised it's laughable.

Have fun SGM and tear it up for us wannabe's.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i'm sure when you are down and powering away i'll be able to hear the thrum of the rear disc all the way over here!

best of luck in florida mr c, when the other competitors see the bb they'll be frozen with fear (or lust) and be unable to cause you any bother at all.
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Man you seriously need to get some duct tape over that valve cutout on the rear disc, can you imagine how much time you're going to lose over IM distance!? At least an hour or two...
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    that bike looks awesome ch. i wish i was doing imfl...200ft elevation...i reckon i could get round even though it will be hot.
    good luck mate
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    jesus, that bike looks frikken fast....christ.

Conehead - I thought you preferred a different front end on the bike? As mentioned on your book.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    how come you got the handlebars dropped then spacers on top but the stem is angled upwards. In my complete ignorance cause I know jack sh@t about bikes. Surely you drop the handlebars to get the nose over the front wheel? But then the stem sets it higher again?

Is this a fitting issue that Mikes done or is a preference with you?
    Conehead - i'm gonna buy a a new TT bike in a few weeks (GAT dependent)

It'll be for a 70.3 next summer and for Roth the following year...

I have never even ridden a TT bike but I want to get something I'll be happy with for a few years.
    Should a go for the full aero setup or a roadbike setup up front? Any tips?
    Good luck!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Ok sound CH. Some good info there. Cheers.
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    good luck CH - think of it this way - 10lbs is a large turd!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    So whats the news Conehead? Haven't gone all shy on us have you?
  • Oh god - the Bomber didn't make customs and Conehead is languishing in Guatananmo bay for reasons even he doesn't know
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    more likely ConeHead has been siezed and they've taken one look at the bomber and sent him to Guantanamo!!!