Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today?

Comments

• DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Sunday - what a horrible day! only managed 32m on the bike, but not to be put off, rode to work yesaterday and today.

Tonight: swimming - must count those strokes. quality quality quality.

david

Phil - 7 wives 83 kids - no wonder youv'e turned to triathlon but do you have any energy left!!!![:)]
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    ok here's my latest offerings;

yesterday - weights & then a easy 4 km run in an attempt to ease out my legs from the weekend.

today - swim (skills session .. focus mainly on my crawl - its getting there slowly) 60 mins

- bike (2 x 30km 5min recovery between aiming for endurance using hills for fartlek)

phil
    last nights swim session was:

400m warm up

6x100m 2 sets each Breast/Free/Back on 2:30

6x50m 2 sets each br/Fr/Back on 1:30

12x25m 4 sets each br/back/free - lane free.

warm down.

TI - guys the number of strokes per length - was that 13 counting each arm separately or 13 left and right? Find i am swimiming at about 12 complete strokes per length. did manage to get down to 10 but only once!

David
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    This morning's swim

4*50m (1min rest)

3*300m (2min rest)

2*50 (30s rest)

I had no leg effects from my short ride yesterday so I was I guess being either soft or overly cautious about going outside

I would have thought a stroke would be one arm however i think the TI book inferes it to be a stroke cycle which incorporates both arm movements alng with a flutter kicks in sync with the breathing pattern .. ????
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Hi all just a 6 mile run today but felt really good as weather was great.
    Morning all,

My short run loop this morning 4.15km..Should have been longer (7km) but laziness and work got in the way

was 90s quicker for a lot less effort than last time out...at least I am getting fitter

morning mornin !!!

am attempting to get one fasting training session a week now .. so started this morning 20km run steady pace - knees a bit achey after but hey thats age but otherwise felt good .. oh yeh and bloody hungry !!!!!!!!! large bowls of porridge n hunny.....

madnurse (phil) [:D]

this evening - spin class followed by a damned good chill out in the sauna
    Afternoon

3.5m run last night - fair to pooor!

Swim session this morning - warm up session was scraping ice off the car!

200m warm up

1x200m

2 x100m

4x50m

2x100

1x200m

1x 400m

on 30 secs recovery

200m warm down

Couldn't quite keep the breathing together this morning, kept trying to drain the pool; big disadvantage as you spend the rest of the day in the loo refilling it![:D][:)]

David

hi David !!!! sorry to hear about your swallowing the pool ... been there mate .. have a look at the total immersion page .. esp the drills i was given to do re' breathing - it will help !!!!

madnurse (phil)
    yesterday - a.m. rest

- p.m. weights (legs & shoulders)

today - a.m. brick session (90 mins spinning into 5km run)

- p.m. swim (coached session with tri club)

madnurse [:)]
  • jojojojo Posts: 76
    hi guys

have been sooo bad this week .... a few short runs with clients. Anyway today did 2150m rowing, 54mins at 11.5km (slow steady speed) run - about 10.5k and then some weights. Felt really good - could have kept going - Can't wait to go tomorrow now.

JO
  • jojojojo Posts: 76
    hey

have certainly been making up for my laziness last week. Today did 18km cycling level 7 inside gym - took me 60 mins which seems really slow - it's gonna take me hours to do the cycling leg of the tri. Then straight onto the treadmill 35 mins at 12k/h. Was good - no ankle soreness today.

Rest day tomorrow hooray

Jo
    G'day

Saturday - recovery ride. 5miles.

Today. My favourite the pool...

5mins scrapeing ice from car (warm up)

4*50m(1min rest) "real" warm up

4*250m(2min rest)

1*100m cool down.

Good return to training jojo...I find the indoor bike weird for measuring speed as its done on levels rather than mph (at least thats the case in our gym) so i'd reckon on the road you'd be alot faster as you'd change up the gears rather than sticking to a level.

this evening - swim

2 x 500m time trials - breast stroke then freestyle 5 mins recovery between

then drills for breast stroke

5 x 25m arms only

5 x 25m pull buoy

5 x 25m kick board

2 x 50m freestyle slow recovery
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Yesterday I hit the gym, did a hour running at 8kph keeping my heart rate at level 2 then a stretch and weights session. I was going to go swimming this morning but bed was to soft and warm so will go at lunch! Football this evening for the first time in forever.
    This morning

Run..

7Km - was supposed to be a endurance run but set off way to quickly so had to run walk for a bit to keep my HR in check then the last 15minutes became a Zone 4/5a cruise interval...

even with the walking I was still only 1km/h slower than my target which means that I went not just way to fast in the first 15minutes but stupidly so...

Triathlon is a cruel mistress....

Nurse - that looks like a bit of a return to form?

HI loon - was better granted .. still in a HUGE dilema though over the swim .. i tried to implement some TI stuff to my breaststroke .. made a notable improvement (swim long slow powerful etc) what this did inturn was made me question am i doing the right stroke ? (ie freestyle) for my race .... have I wasted weeks of training on the wrog muscles .. as much as I improve on my freestyle it isnt as comfortable as brest stroke for me esp around breathing. The theres the adding bit with the wetsuit although it will give me bouyancy it will hamper my kick on breast stroke .. is all a major head feck

but thanks for the comment

madnurse (phil)
    I find that wearing a wetsuit crucifies my form when I try to do breaststroke, and whereas when I train regulaly in a pool I can use breaststroke as a recovery stroke, when I 'm in a wetsuit it feels just as tiring as free style. I keep trying to train myself to swim further on free style alone rather than relying on breastroke as a get out clause.
    I reckon stick with freestyle...by that I mean head out on crawl if you get tired / lose the knack...head for the breast stroke (thats swimming not groping the girl next to you in the pool)

The way I see it is that is called freestyle for a reason...and if that means doing whats nessacary to get through then that is all good..especially as in you session you most have swam nearly the full 1500m in the time trails and recovery swims so that gets you past the get to the end (of the swim) goal

and as I want my pint I don't think speed is of the essence do you?

p.s.

I don't have the back up breast stroke though I am gonna try and do some of it in the coming weeks as a back up if I get to tired to freestyle (gotta be better than treading water to recover)

p.p.s

Sorry if the psychology is un-sophisticated....

tried to swallow my fears and pride (rather than the pool) ...

tonight - 90 minute tri (30 mins each of swim, bike and run - no recovery)

found swim esp' tasking but gruelled it through switching from crawl to breast stroke and back as needed otherwise relatively comfortable. The transitions, esp' from bike to run, are getting smoother .... to be continued

madnurse (phil) [;)]
    Discovered why I am not a big football player, we were playing outside in rain that was about 1 degree short of being snow on a pitch to small to get a decent run out on! Plus I was ball shy as I was afraid of picking up an injury (perversly I've heard I'm more likely to pick an injury up when not fully committing)

Went to the gym this morning, 1k warm up and stretch, 1km at 12.5kph then stretch and onto the rowing machine for 2km before doing a small weights set and core strength exercises plus a bit more stretching (been feeling like my leg muscles want to snap lately).
    Nice work out nursey

BonusB - football in the snow can't beat it (though havent done it for years)

This morning

Bike

17.5Km - 21kp/h avg - AHR 173

Slowly building this HR slowed me down in the second half but this is the point of the monitor though isn't - need to get up that little bit earlier and start evening sessions to add some volume...but is slowly getting there

• ChrisChris Posts: 17
    Nice Swim Last night

Warm up - 4 x 400m

8 x 50m (Even numbers build up)

Main Set - 60 x 25m Fly of 30sec

16 x 150m (8 Kick - 8Pull)

8 x 25m Max

Swim Down
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Have done 30 lengths a day everyday this week so far trying to implement some TI stuff into my FC seems to be going ok but I'm still swallowing a lot of water. Did 2 X 7 miles to and from work today and have run for 40 mins every evening so in all not a bad week so far. Neil
    hurrah no fecking swimming today !!!!! - if i am in the pool any more i will develop gills (which might not be that bad after all) .... anyhow

a.m. - weights (chest & biceps) good session still a bit stiff from breast stroke drills the other day

p.m. - 10km run with tri club (all off road - taxing session very windy and at good pace)

madnurse (phil) [;)][;)][;)]
    none I am affraid - have rejigged the training schedule to allow for me holiday...which means rather than a "rest" week when I get back it was this week

and when I get back will be a full week of action...

Keep up the good works boys and girls

oh so i have to train for two now do I ??????

holiday ?????

(big girls blouse)

mandurse (phil) [:D][:D]

(am only jealous)

The amount you are training is for 2 already I think...;)

Off the the in-laws (yippeee)

Should have swam this am but when I got up and realised all I had to do I figured I wouldn't make work for 9 :(

mental note to self ... pack and get petrol the night before so training can still be done...

are you suggesting i is over doing it a touch ???