Home Chat General Chat

Winter training Costa Blanca

Hi I'm a member of a small Tri club in Calpe on the Costa Blanca, it's forty five minutes from Alicante airport. The club have links with Team Cherwell UK, we are organizing low cost guided training holidays for individual triathletes, groups or triathletes with families for winter/spring 2009-2010. If your interested or require further information please reply or call Steve Hillyer/Jim Stanners 07860 608550.

Many thanks,

Steve Hillyer.

Comments

• BodhiBodhi Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I am very interested in this idea.
    Could you please let me know a little more information of what you are offering and what is included.

Many thanks
  • Hello, thanks for your enquiry!

Reference what is included:
    Basically if you can organise your flights, insurance and bike, we will sort out the rest tailored around your own specific needs, ie, villa, apartment or hotel accomodation, airport transfers and bike hire if required.

Training again, is organised around your requirements/needs. We can take you on guided flat or mountainous cycle routes, group safe open water swims with kayak or SUP support and early morning/early evening group coast running sessions.

We are not professionals, just triathletes, like yourselves, not running this as a business but purely offering our knowledge and support for like minded triathletes to be able to train in and around the Calpe coastal area, which is favoured by many professional athletes and teams for its varied terrain and superior air quality.

I hope you find this helpfull!

Kind regards

Steve Hillyer
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    hi steve
    this sounds really interesting indeed
    how does this work with dates? - do you have fixed dates holidays or can they be custom?
    if so would you have anything around xmas/ i am looking for a good excuse to escape scoffing mince pies on the sofa while watching tv this xmas and wherever i looked they offered nothing for this time
    also could you pls let me know the weather conditions and water temperature around this time of year in the area?
    many thanks
  • Hi, thanks for your enquiry!

We are totally flexible around dates, basically whatever suits you. We always have a number of the club available, although over xmas a few may be away, but this shouldn't be a problem.

In response to your question, the water temp is between 16 and 18 degrees, and air temp between 12 and 16 degrees.

Just a couple of questions for you, how many people are you looking at involving, what type of accomodation would you require, are there any specific dates you are looking at and what standard are you (beginner, intermediate or advanced)?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards

Steve
    hi again steve, i pm'd you regarding the above!
  • Hello,
    just to let you know that I haven't as yet received a pm, I have just replied to you via pm and not sure if that has gone either? I will keep checking for any new messages just incase there has been a delay in receiving it.
    Cheers, Steve
    hi again steve
    i do not know what is wrong with this thing i have been trying to reply to your pm but ist won't go it is just stuck in my outbox...any moderator that is reading this could u pls help?
  • Yes I can help

use your own E mail instead - It's better
    thank you for sharing your winter plans with us conehead..! you just earned my complete total and utter envy...
  • Hi Eve,
    I have just sent a reply to your message, but again it has got stuck in my outbox, hopefully it will be forwarded on shortly! Let me know if it doesn't!

Also great to hear from you Conehead, its good to hear that your camp is going well too, lets hope ours takes off as well!!

Great to hear from you guys!!

Steve
  • Back in Loughborough for a few week's.

Many thank's
    Steve.