Home Chat General Chat

Off road running - locations? (near london if possible)

Given a lot of material about cross country running in the off season - who has been doing this and can anyone recommend some nice trails to start.

If possible then places near London would be a good start but I'm sure other people from different locations would be interested to hear your favorite runs

Comments

• Swinley Forest would be a good start, just off the m3 near Bagshot, plenty there to keep you busy. I hope you like hills Beautiful place to run or mtb for that matter.

PM me if you decide to go I can let you know a few different trails.
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Perfect location - my office is just a few miles up the A329M so this is spot on, PM incoming!
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    Epping forest, east end of the central line. You can easily knock up 20 miles on forest trails or even further if you want to investigate the single track! I live in Epping so it's pretty much the only place I run and plenty of hills too!
  • Huwd

Have just seen a cuople of posts where pm's didn't land.

Did you get mine about the routes around Swinley ok ?
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Hey mr spartacus - yes I got it thanks (maybe I replied but I dont remember), anyway thanks for the info - I'm hoping to head down that way before christmas to have a stumble around the woods