Home Chat General Chat

TT Bike Frame

Hey guys...

I'm gonna guy a TT bike for next season soon...

With regard to the frame and the geometry, how different are the bikes from different manufacturers.
I want a bike which is gonna be fast enough for an OD but great for an IM.....
How many bikes should I test first? Can i be sure that a bike from a reputable maker will be good for me?
I am thinking about a Slice, a Cube or a Plasma.....

Thanks!

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    With regard to the frame and the geometry, how different are the bikes from different manufacturers.
    Quite different, some are proper full 78deg Triathlon geometry, some are 76deg
    I want a bike which is gonna be fast enough for an OD but great for an IM.....
    Recent post by Gharv on this thread post59080.html#p59080 Basically for Sprint/OD there is not a mega lot in it but for 'Long' then a carbon frame will absorb more bumps than an alu frame and be more comfy (well that is my understanding)
    How many bikes should I test first?
    As many as possible
    Can i be sure that a bike from a reputable maker will be good for me?
    No, but the more reputable the greater the chance you will get what you want/need
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    okay, thanks....

it will be Carbon anyway....no Alu for me!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Got to agree with Coney. Will u really notice a difference. None of the main manufacturers will build a bad bike. Look at the elite cyclists Lance, Alberto, Fabien they'll be good matter what make they ride.

My recent post was about 220 mags recent wind tunnel tests comparing a focus culebro (£876) to a P4 (6k) They found a 3 sec per kilo difference I.e. 2 minutes over 40k.

So here's the real question - should we spend an extra5k on a P4 to move my Olympic time from 2.32 to 2.30 or HIM from 5.49 up 5.45 or should we spend £5k oncoaching and buy the cheaper bike?

Unless u r elite and 2-5 minutes means worlds qualification.
    Thanks guys...

I'm most concerned about getting a frame which doesn't fit me properly....
    And, as Conehead said....I'm not sure how to convinve my LBS to order in bikes for me to test!

Conehead, why is your BB better than you last bike?

so you guys reckon, there is no appreciable difference between a Slice, a Plasma or a Cube carbon??
    (assuming I have the right frame size).
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Just to ask, how much difference does a 78 degree frame make instead of a 76 degree one?
    how much difference does a 78 degree frame make instead of a 76 degree one?

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    My TT bike is a Dolan Pallotola, it has a 74 deg angle, but it's an old frame so might be why the geometry is more relaxed. Since I'm a cheapskate and bought it off fleabay I have had to fiddle with the set - up a bit to get the bars and seat into the right place relative to the bits that can't be moved!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    On the 74deg - 76deg - 78deg angle (no pun intended), this is an interesting article which seems to get referred to a lot:
    http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/ ... kefit.html