Home Chat General Chat

Tree frog??

Hi guys I haven't been here in ages but used to be a fairly regular contributor. Anyone know what happened to the frog, always used to give me a laugh and some good (if no holds) training advice.

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    He's not been on the forum (as many like him) since the change from the old forum to the new one.

I suspect that he binned it with all the log on crap that was happening at the time.

You've got guys like Benny as well who no longer post here. I do think it will pick up and there does appear to be a lot of new peeps so the forum will come back.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Treefrog only came on here to shout at us though.

Treefrog crimes:-

1. Having fewer than five bikes.

2. Owning a "budget" (ie less than £2000) bike.

3. Possessing weedy legs which require a compact or a triple chainring.

I miss him
    As CH puts it, its difficult to find someone as left wing as he was....he's a bit like marmite.. love him or hate him... but he didn't care one way or another!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I recall one reply, took a while to find it re Ironman training:
    get out there and do the miles whether its swimming, cycling or running. Learn how to eat/drink during exercise. Stop thinking about it, stop talking about it, get out of the weights room, quit whinging, dry your eyes and get stuck in
    Is he now do doing sensitivity training?

Come back Treefrog - all is forgiven.
  • I miss alot of the old names :-(

The forum isn't clear at a quick glance like it used to be. Thats why i stopped posting here.
    thew change over is to blame for that, no warning of it just changed over in a few days. Still some of theold names are gone but the forum relies on those still posting. Soon some of us will be regarded as the old boys and the new posters will look to us.

got to keep posting to keep the place alive.
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Maybe a lot of peeps have disappeared because it's off season. Also, some of the 'start-of-the-season-enthusiasts' are done with the sport now that they have completed two sprints already and are triathletes ...

Anyway. lots more to join the forum in February ...

By the way, this was my first tri season and I got lots and lots of brilliant advice from this forum - THANK YOU ALL for sharing your experiences, knowledge and funny stories!

... and, Mike from Bridgetown came to London last week to deliver my new bike - I have not slept since, as I keep on grinning, running to the living room and touching all the blink!
    Mike has that effect with his new bikes. I stood staring at Battlecat today.... I just wish i new how to get the best from her....oh well
  • pacmanpacman Posts: 109
    It's good to hear from some of the 'old' heads. Regards to Cone head, Bopo, Combat dewarf, BritSpin, JonE etc. They're just the user names I remember.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Maybe a lot of peeps have disappeared because it's off season. Also, some of the 'start-of-the-season-enthusiasts' are done with the sport now that they have completed two sprints already and are triathletes ...
    Nice dig. Tree Frog would be proud!

My personal favourite Treefrogian comment is 'Build a bridge and get over it. That's what i did'.
  • A bit of history:

At about the same time that the great forum switchover happened - which put a lot of the old guard off with the re-registering debacle - some bald northern monkey also went off and did what everybody on 220 had talked about for years, and set up a tri club.

Now, we'd all procrastinated and got nowhere - also there was no support from the 220 team themselves despite the advertising win they could have had from having a whole load of people charging about plastered in '220' logos. It took Conehead to go and actually set the club up, getting a web-site and forum sorted, BTF registration and a butt-load of sponsorship and discounts in the space of about 24 hours.

So, a load of us defected to the Bridgtown Cona Testa Triathlon Team where you'll see a lot of familiar names.

You'll even find some incorrigible old git called 'treefrog' over there, scaring everybody with his training log where he's generating 3kw for 200 miles, or something.